Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ehhh kind of days.

Not much has been going on around here.  Sunday we just hung around, and then yesterday I went into the office.  Nothing really worth noting but I guess I'm doing it anyway.

On Sunday we went out to lunch and Kai and I split a Veggie Fajita.  Well I say we split it - She didn't eat much.  But honestly, we go more for the chips and salsa than anything else anyway. :)

In the afternoon we headed over to my parents to swim but the pool was too cold for my tastes and their Hot Tub was WAY too hot.  Fortunately Grandpa doesn't mind the cold so he took Kai swimming while I visited with my mom and a friend who was staying with them.  As afternoon turned into evening my mom offered to make dinner so we stayed even longer.

We made black bean burgers and turkey burgers for the boys.  We also grilled asparagus and zucchini.  And Roasted in the oven some brussel sprouts and okra (we ran out of room on the grill!).  


 Plus there was tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, avocado and mango. :)

And Gale, my parent's guest, showed me an easy way to make artichoke!!



I've wanted to make it for so long but was always intimidated.  All she did was cut off the bottom, rinse it REALLY well, then, once it's clean, cover it in water again and DON'T shake the water off.  Wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap and then nuke it for about 5 minutes.  I want to figure out if there's a way to steam it without using plastic wrap but other than that I can't wait to try this myself. :)

As for Monday, breakfast was a drink of Chia Seeds, Cinnamon, Honey and Kefir.



Not a glamorous looking drink but I do like it. :)

Lunch was Red Mango!  I think I've created monsters in introducing the self-serve fro-yo to the girls in the office.  Unfortunately I had a noon meeting so one of our friends couldn't join us. :(


Nothing like a LOT of fro-yo to make you feel better about missing a friend though. lol!


Later in the afternoon I had a snack of a pear...


I LOVE my desk cup caddie...Keeps my laptop safe from spills. :D
 And then a little later I had a nutty snack...

Finally when I got home I had dinner. 


The Hubs grilled some corn and asparagus for me and it was ready as I walked in the door. :D


My meal consisted of a big bed of spinach (I was CRAVING veggies) topped with my left over fajita veggies from Sunday's lunch, nutritional yeast and the asparagus.  It may not have been very pretty but it did hit the spot!




During/After dinner the Hubs and I  finished up watching a Game of Thrones marathon.  We have free HBO this weekend which gives us the chance to watch season 2!  I have to say it's a good thing the Hubs has finished the book this season is based on.  I keep getting lost in all the new "kings".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment