Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pot Pie Cups & Baby Sitting

Friday night we had a sleep over with Kai's cousins.  Since kids tend to go for personal sized foods I decided to make individual pot pie cups. :)

I started by making a: 
DIY Bisquik:  2.5 C Flour (a mix of whole wheat & white), 2 T Ground Flax Seed, 2 T Baking Powder, 1/2 t Salt, 1/2 C Butter (I would normally use Coconut Oil but I'm out at the moment...This butter has been in the fridge a LONG time but it didn't smell bad and no one wound up sick so I guess we're ok)


Mix everything in a bag or pulse in a food processor.  You want to get your fat (oil or butter) evenly distributed.


Now you've got DIY Bisquik.  You can use it in place of store bought.  Store in the fridge.  :)

POT PIE CUPS:
Makes 12 cups

1/2 C Bisquik
1/2 C Almond Milk
2 Eggs
3 C Filling:  I used a mix of thawed once-frozen stir fry veggies, peas and edemame.  Just use what you have on hand.

In a bowl mix the Bisquik, Almond Milk and eggs. ---> Batter

Pour 1 T of batter into 12 muffin cup tins (it doesn't look like much).

Add 1/4 Cup of your filling.

Top with 1 T more of batter. (Again it won't look like there's very much).

Bake at 375 for 30+ minutes, until everything is set...

If you choose, you can top some with cheese and return to the oven under the broiler.


I used a spoon to scoop each cup out.

The girls all really enjoyed them...

Until they found out I had actually POISONED them.  Then they all died!!!

Even the littlest died!

Fortunately, after finishing our 'poisoned' meal we got dessert!  Frozen bananas, ice, cocoa powder, maple syrup and almond milk blended until smooth.

But it wasn't enough for me to poison the girls.  I decided they needed to be imprisoned too, so they were forced to eat their dessert on the floor under the table & chairs. 

Then it was time for an evening of Hide-and-Seek, Karaoke/Make-up Singing, Swimming in the Hot Tub and watching the Lorax (complete with a marshmellow snack) before bedtime.

I think it's safe to say we all had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment