I have yet to focus! So, I decided to call this post "What I'm Loving" and throw everything into it. Maybe next week I'll be back on track...except Thanksgiving is next week so I wouldn't count on it. lol!
1. Pumpkin Spice Kefir. OMG this stuff is good! I was walking around Georgetown Market and saw this on sale so decided to give it a try. There's also a Gingerbread flavor that I'm thinking will be perfect to enjoy once the tree's up!
2. Oatmeal. If there's a better breakfast I've yet to find it! And last time at the grocery I found frozen cherries in the frozen fruit area. Cherries + Chocolate = Happiness!
3. Omelette fails. I've made exactly one successful omelette in my life. BUT a veggie omelette failure makes the BEST Egg-Veggie scramble. On days when I know lunch will be lacking in the veggies these scrambles are awesome.
4. Pumpkin Seeds. Remember how I joined Kai's class trip to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch? Did I even talk about that? Anyway, we (I'm being nice there - I did all the work because Little Miss Clean Hands WILL NOT touch pumpkin gut) carved a turkey into the side of a pumpkin and then roasted the seeds. I just love having roasted pumpkin seeds to munch on. :)
5. Popcorn Snack. I was at Walgreens and saw that they had a bag of dried fruit - peaches, pears, prunes, apricots... So I bought it and mixed some dried fruit with plain popcorn, nutritional yeast, and pecans. Oh. So. Good.
6. Chocolate. On the third I joined some girlfriends for a Chocolate Walk to benefit the Humane Society in Brown County. 32 stops with samples of chocolate. 2 wine tastings. I'm pretty sure I would have had to walk HOME to burn off all the treats but who cares! It's delicious and basically trick or treating for adults!
|There was even an option for dogs (frodo got a treat)|
|Ice Cream & Hot Cocoa were also tasted!|
7. Nachos. They're still a go to meal in this house hold. I tried toasting the chips with some cheese. It was ok but I don't know that it was necessary.
Frozen Corn + Cooked Black Beans + Lime Juice = an excellent topper!
Oh Nacho Bar... I love you. :)
You make the BEST plates!
Even Kai loves you!!
8. Frozen Yogurt. Kai and I had Frozen Yogurt for dinner last night! I took her to get her hair cut but the Cookie-Cutters I usually go to closed in April (who knew?), so I drove up to a different one. That one had an hour wait!! So Kai and I took the 5:30 appt and decided to waste some time by driving a few blocks down to YoJoy where we had 2 coupons for a free cup! That became our dinner. Then we walked around Target and bought Apple Pears/Asian Pears to round our meal out. Some times you just have to smile and enjoy the little things. Eventually we headed back and Kai got her hair cut off - now she is rocking a short little bob and is super excited. :)