Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Salads

This summer included a lot of salads.  They're quick and easy... and I happen to like Quick & Easy (wink, wink).

But honestly, I think salads may be the perfect summer meal.  You can customize it to whatever you have/like.  It takes minutes to put together.  It's refreshing.  And it's so good for you!  ...well, I guess if you make it the way I do it's good for you.  I know there are those of you (ahem, dad) who've been known to eat only the non-veggie toppings.  I don't condone that behavior. Not. At. All.


So here's how 84% of my summer lunches were created:

1.  Create a Bed of Greens - Spinach, Lettuce, Spring Mix, Kale, Etc...
This is Spinach
 2.  Add Nutritional Boosters - Flax seed, Chia seeds, Nutritional Yeast, etc...
Flax Seeds, Nutritional Yeast, Bob's Red Mill TVP
 3.  Add Veggies & Fruits - this is where the flavor & fun come in!
Yellow Pepper, Cucumber & Blueberries
 4.  Add your Flavor Boosters - nuts, cheese, dressing, humus, etc...
Feta Cheese, Pecans, Balsamic Vinaigrette
5.  Enjoy your meal!

See what I mean, Quick and Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment