Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting Nosey

In my excitement to tell you yesterday about the movie ACTUALLY being good I completely forgot to tell you about the new "Ice Cream" I found....


It's Frozen Kefir!!  Kefir is like a drinkable yogurt powerhouse and since I was STARVING when I went shopping and I have zero self control I bought this frozen delight.  And I have to say, I love it!  To me it tasted just like strawberry ice cream... Maybe a little more tart but I like tart. :)

Was it worth about $5?  I don't know but I don't have the slightest bit of buyer's remorse so I guess it was a good deal!



Now, if you're anything like me you're probably a little lot nosy.  And since I decided to clean out our fridge yesterday I thought I'd let you get all nosy in the clean & organized result!


From the top:  Jars/cans... Yeast, Minced Garlic, Butter, Cottage Cheese, Prego Pasta Sauce, Homemade Salsa, Spinach Humus, Homemade Jams, Green Beans (for Frodo's late night snack) and left over black beans....

2nd Shelf (eye level):  Everyday stuff... The Hub's Creamer & Coffee, Unsweetened Apple Sauce, Raisins, Greek Yogurt, left overs...

Deli Drawer:  Tortilla wraps, Hub's lunch meat, cheese sticks, shredded cheese, sliced almonds, Feta Cheese, perfectly ripe Avocado....

Short Shelf (hidden items):  Eggs (Hardboiled & Raw), Hub's meet to prep (he grilled last night & maked up hamburger patties to freeze individually for later meals), Almond Butter (Yes, I try to hide it out of sight to slow down my consumption), additional Nutritional Yeast & Steel Cut Oats....

Bottom Shelf:  Milk, WW Pastry Flour, Almond Milk back-up, Prepped Kale...

Top Veggie Drawer:  Strawberries, Bell Pepper, Prepped Spinach, Grapes, Snap Peas, Yellow Squash, Cucumber, Broccoli Slaw, Carrots...

Bottom Veggie Drawer:  Corn, Lettuce, Broccoli, Onions, Celery

DOOR:  Low fat cream cheese, American Cheese
Sunflower Seeds, Nutritional Yeast, Parmesan Cheese, Chia Seeds, TVP, Flax Seed

Pickles x2, Salad Slaw (the Hubs grew up on it), Ketchup
Maple Syrup, Store bought jelly, Mustard x2, Butter Spray

Asst' Hot Sauces & Dips 

Mineral Water (I bought this by accident and have no idea what to do with it), OLD wine, Almond Milk & Juice

FREEZER:

Ice cube trays of Lime Juice, Frozen Avocado (Pinterest FAIL - don't freeze avocado), Frozen treat for school, Left-over frozen soup, Ice cream maker...

And assorted Frozen fruit for future smoothies.

Bags of frozen fish, OLD turkey burgers, Sprout bread, Chicken breast...

And assorted bags of frozen veggies.

 Frozen Kefir & Ice packs

 Frozen burgers, open bags of frozen veggies.

And that's it Folks, My Fridge!!  :)

As for our meal last night:

I started with some fresh Kale & Snap Peas, sprayed with Olive Oil and a pinch of salt:

 Roasted at 450 for about 7 minutes:

I also baked 2 potatoes at 350 for about an hour in our toaster oven:

The Hubs was grilling some Ribeye he got from the Meat Shop (no joke - that's the name of the place).  I decided to whip up some black bean burgers.  I didn't follow a recipe this time... Just black beans, oatmeal, flax seed, onion and some water blended until, well, blended.  Then I added more oatmeal until it was thick enough to hold a patty shape.  If you want a recipe to follow try this one.


All grilled up...

Our final plates looked like this:

Kai's...
Grapes, 1/2 Potato, Kale/BB Burger/Avocado, Snap Peas

Mine...
Spinach / BB Burger / Avocado, Grapes, Snap Peas, 1/2 Potato,  Kale

The Hubs...
Grapes, Stake, Potato
 And for Dessert?  Why Strawberry Frozen Kefir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment