Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How do you like 'dem apples?!

They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away.  After today's meals I think we should be medically sound for a while. :)


I actually didn't even realize our apple intake until I loaded the photos, but man, oh man, did we go overboard.


Breakfast was a muffin with a side of apple slices and almond butter.  And to drink?  "Chocolate Milk"... Almond milk whisked with a squirt of Agave Nectar and a sprinkling of carob powder.


Apple #1
Lunch was "Mac & Cheese"... macaroni noodles with broccoli, edamame, cheddar & nutritional yeast.  Plus a side of lime hummus, carrots and, you guessed it, apple slices with Almond Butter for dip!
Apple #2
 At snack time Kai asked for an apple so I told her to just grab one out of the fridge...Apple #3.  She also had another muffin. :)


Finally for dinner Kai wanted a jelly sandwich (shocker!) and apple sauce.  So I made her a jelly, nutritional yeast & flax seed sandwich on whole grain bread, with a side of apple sauce (store bought - apple & water are the ONLY ingredients) which I topped it with cinnamon, and then a side of veggies and a slice of cheese.
Apple Sauce = Apple #4!!!
I went with a super wrap....  A whole grain tortilla with hummus, nutritional yeast, avocado, tomato, carrots, cucumber, green pepper and spinach.

It was a HUGE wrap.  It definitely required multiple bites and that little toothpick was doing it's best to hold it together but in the end the wrap tore open.  Oh well, it was one of the best wraps ever!  :)

Tomorrow we will be celebrating my birthday with my parents. Hopefully the Hubs will get off work early enough to join us (fingers crossed).  They're taking me out to eat, "my choice" (within reason, The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, is a little too pricey).  I'm thinking Barcelona Tapas.  That's where we went for the Bachelorette party on Saturday and it was so good.  I'm thinking that my folks and the Hubs will like it just as much!  On first glance the menu's a little intimidating but the food was delicious and if you can't pronounce the item you want you can just point to it on the menu, lol!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment