Friday, April 6, 2012

My birthday meal at Barcelona Tapas

I cannot wait until we're back on a normal schedule again!  The Hubs is still working his crazy hours (last night he didn't get home until after 10!!).  Hopefully they'll be able to wrap this all up today or Monday.  I'm really hoping he doesn't have to work on Saturday since we've got a lot to get done around here and I don't seem to get anything completed when it's just me and Kai. lol!

Anyway, here are some highlights from the last few days...

I'm still enjoying the muffins, along with a green smoothie (avocado, spinach, with frozen: banana, apple and peach, plus the usual flax seed, chia seed and almond milk).


Wednesday night we went out with my parents to Barcelona Tapas like I had predicted.  It was a blast and everyone enjoyed the meal.  We have a new restaurant go-to on our list. :)


 I, of course, left my phone/camera in the car so all these photos are courtesy of my mom. :)


We all started by ordering a dish and then we shared them as they came out.


I started with the tomato/goat cheese dish that comes with garlic bread.  This is by far my favorite item and we wound up getting two.  That was a very pour decision.  When it's there I eat it no matter how full I am, and I was miserable from over eating afterward.  Next time we're just going to get one...no matter how much a second calls to us! 

My dad got a black bean soup.  It was very good but not something I'd order again.  You can't really share soup and I like the sharing aspect of the meal. 



The Hubs, in a bold & shocking move, got wings (he almost always gets wings, lol!)  They weren't as garlicy as he had hoped but I think he's just difficult to please. ;) 

My mom got the broccoli and sundried tomatoes... 


 And the mushrooms.  The mushrooms are probably my second favorite dish.  Even Kai couldn't get enough!

My dad also got a Salmon that was Delicious but not pictured.  It's hard to remember to take pictures when you're busy visiting. :)

After dinner we headed back to my parents for cake.  Kai had EVERYTHING to do with the cake so it was a pink angel food cake with pink icing and pink sprinkles...with a plastic pink shoe for decoration.  Guess what her favorite color is!



 Of course she helped me to blow out the candles.  (that "temporary" tattoo on her cheek has been there since last Saturday.  I can't get the $(*#W^% off her!!!)

I had a slice (ok, maybe I kept picking at the cake so "a" slice is probably not accurate...but it doesn't count if it's not on a plate...right?) plus some strawberries and blueberries.  YUM!!
 My mom actually gave me some of the left over strawberry and blueberries to take home so the next morning breakfast was a bowl of berries topped with almond milk, chia seeds and a broken up muffin. :)
 Lunch was a bed of spinach topped with the last of the berries, avocado, feta cheese, and a dressing of balsamic vinaigrette, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
 With a side of lime hummus and assorted veggies.


 And then dinner was a browse session of spoons fulls of hummus and almond butter with a finally of popcorn, kale chips, raisins, sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast.  Not the most inspiring meal but I was holding out hope that the Hubs would be home soon. 

So in case this weekend going anything like the past couple of weeks I'm going to go ahead and say Happy Easter to you now! :D

1 comment:

  1. This is better than watching the Food Channel! Thanks for sharing. What a fun experience. I happen to love tapas, so you attracted my attention with the title.

    Love,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete