Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cucumber Yogurt Dip

Ok - I know I've been gone a lot lately, and to be honest it will probably be another week before I'm back and posting regularly.  I'll get into what's going on later, but in the mean time I wanted to share this amazing dip I made.  It was so refreshing!  The perfect summery dip for your fruits and veggies!! :)

Cucumber Yogurt Dip
1 peeled cucumber
Handful of fresh Basil Leaves
1/2 t Minced Garlic

Start by pulsing your cucumber so that it's very fine...




Add the rest of your ingredients and blend again. 




Pour into your bowl and put in the fridge to firm/thicken up*.



*The fridge part is pretty important to the process.  When I first blended it it was very soupy.  After about an hour in the fridge it had firmed up quite a bit.  :)

Kai and I were both nuts about this dip!  We were both eating it straight from the bowl.  The Hubs HATES Greek Yogurt (it's too "sour creamy") so he wasn't a fan...but really unless it's meat, potatoes or corn there's only a 20% chance that he'll enjoy something "new".  lol!


For those of you who actually want to eat your dip as a dip here's how we've enjoyed it so far:


With Grilled Veggies.
(Veggies spritzed with olive oil and grilled a few minutes.  Tip: If grilling potatoes with the rest of your veggies nuke them for a few minutes first to start the cooking process)



With fruit.  
It's not often that I find a dip that works with sweet AND savory dippers but this one does.  It's just so fresh!



On a wrap or salad.
There is absolutely no reason this couldn't be used as a "dressing" or wrap topping.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment