Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Christmas Craft

My meals have been SO BORING lately.  Don't get me wrong, they're totally delicious but nothing new.

The same oatmeal - topped with pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, chia seeds, etc...
The same tomato soup & roasted cabbage I've been eating all week.
And then dinner last night was at Dave & Busters - so that was interesting but I didn't take any photos. :(

We were actually there for the Hub's company Christmas party.  The buffet included salad, Mini-pizzas that reminded me of re-heated collage food, a delicious veggie mix, a stuffing (I think), some SUPER tasty roasted potatoes (I may have had 3 servings of them) and then some assorted meats (I'm told they were very good).  Then there was dessert - a carrot cake, a brownie and a banana cake.  I originally got the banana cake thinking it was some sort of a tiramisu so the Hubs traded me his carrot cake which had walnuts in it.  We're such a good team! lol!

Oh, and of course there were drinks...I had a cranberry & vodka when we first got there.  I hadn't eaten yet and it was definitely strong enough that I was done for quite a while!  Then later I had a couple Kahlua & Creams which were my drink of choice in college.  Mmmm, they were tasty.  I had forgotten how much I liked them.  :)

Anyway, since I don't have any food adventures to share with you, I thought I'd share a craft adventure....

Ta-dah!
I made a felt Christmas tree and ornaments!  I saw the idea here and decided it was perfect four our hallway.  I bought 1/2 Yard of Green Felt and 6 flet "pages" in different colors.  It cost less than $5 and it actually made 2 trees and 2 sets of ornaments!  Some double sided tape holds the tree to the wall and the felt holds the ornaments to the tree (felt "sticks" to itself).

After cutting out the ornament shapes Kai and I colored them with some markers and then got to decorating our tree. (Coloring is SO much easier than sewing/iron-ons)

Finding the Perfect spot
I like this one!
We've already rearranged the ornaments on the tree several times - each time "surprising" the other with the final results.  I calling this craft a complete SUCCESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment