Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A little Christmas Stress

I Love Christmas.  There's music, I get to see cousins and aunts and uncles, there's presents, even Church is more fun.  But of course there's also a bit of stress involved.  I CANNOT find a particular present and it's making me nuts!  I even went to the dreaded Walmart trying to find it. (If you like Walmart then more power to you.  Obviously you've never been to the one by our house.) 


Who would have thought that finding a simple white long sleeve blouse for a little girl would be so hard?  At this point I've bought her a size 14 that I found at Once Upon a Child and am planing to give her cash so if she can find a size 10/12 she'll be able to buy it for herself.  I feel rotten about doing that but I'm not sure what else to do?  Hopefully some fun accessories will make it up to her.  And who knows, there's still a chance I'll find one before Saturday.  :)






Anyway the thought of stress made me wonder, how do you deal with it?  I always hear that exercise is great for dealing with stress but I seem to have no time right now, unless you count after Kai goes to bed at night in which case I usually sit down with the Hubs to watch some TV or a Movie.   In fact the lack of time for exercising is one of the things that makes me feel stressed.  Ain't that a kick in the head? lol!


So right now my goal is to just let things go... Accept that I may not be able to provide the perfect gift.  I'll continue to eat right and exercise when I can.  Of course a little Christmas snow would help.  I don't know why it's bugging me so much that we don't have ANY snow but it just doesn't have that same Christmas feeling when it's RAINING out! grrrr!


As for eating right, let's review yesterday's meals.  There wasn't anything particularly inventive but it was all good. :)


Breakfast was some Gingerbread Oatmeal Bakes...



Lunch was a Tuna Salad Wrap with a side of Chips and Salsa...

Spinach, Tuna Salad, Mushrooms & Sweet Pepper
make an AMAZING wrap.
 Dinner was a baked piece of Beer Battered Fish (bought frozen), Pan Fried Potatoes and California Mix Veggies + Okra....



Plus a BIG Salad...


The fish breading was not very good in my opinion but the Hubs and Kai loved it.  Sometimes you have to give in to the majority. :)  Since the fish took about 30 minutes to cook I spent the same amount of time on the potatoes & veggies.... 

The potatoes I just cut into big-bite size pieces and then pan fried them in some coconut oil.  The veggies were frozen so I spread them on a pan in the toaster oven and roasted them around 400°.  Then I topped the veggies with Nutritional Yeast because if I didn't you might question if it was really me making the meal and I don't want to cause any confusion. ;)

The salad was made for the whole family to share but the Hubs passed (shocker) and Kai only ate a little of it so I got to enjoy nearly the whole bowl.  It consisted of Spinach, Kale, Chopped Pear, Pomegranate Seeds and Feta cheese.  No dressing required. :)

And that was yesterday's meals.  Delicious and stress free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment