Sunday, December 18, 2011

Feel Better Soup

Yesterday was so much fun!  I LOVE seeing my family.  There was good food, great visiting and we even got in some games of Euchre.  I took a few pics but my mom's the one who keeps her camera out all day so I'm going to wait to share our Christmas fun with you until I can get some of her photos.  In the mean time let me tell you about the wonderful gift my dear husband got me...


I'm sick. :(


Friday night he was REALLY sick and to be honest I assumed that he had a little too much to drink at the Ugly Sweater party.  Turns out he had actually picked up some kind of a bug and wasn't any better yesterday.  Of course he stayed home from the family party and got some rest on the couch.  Now he's all better.  I on the other hand am not.  Last night the bug hit me, and so now I'm recovering but still not in tip-top shape.  I was really, really, really bummed because my cousins shared their Colts tickets with me for today but it was clear this morning that there's no way I was going to make it. :(


Around lunch though I was feeling a bit better and I was hungry so I decided to make myself some soup.  Soup makes everything better.


Just what the doctor ordered.


VEGGIE SOUP
1 T Olive Oil
1 small onion - chopped
1 celery stick - chopped
1 small potato - chopped
1/2 C pre-sliced mushrooms
1/2 C Frozen Carrots (approximately)
1/2 C Frozen Green Beans (approximately)
Veggie Broth
1/2 C White Beans
2 Kale leaves - destemmed & cut to bit size pieces
1 small Zucchini - peeled and cut into half-circles
Handful of Orzo


Saute the onion, celery, potato & mushrooms in the olive oil.



Add the carrots, green beans, white beans & broth & bring to simmer.


Continue to add the rest of your ingredients - Kale, Zucchini & Orzo - and let simmer until you're ready to eat.


Ahhh, just what I needed!


And if any of my family are reading this then know that I'm praying I didn't accidentally spread any of these germs yesterday.  If so I'm REALLY sorry and just try and remember how much you love me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment