Friday, December 30, 2011

"Filling" Wraps

Only a few days until the new year.  I'm not ready.


I have no idea what my new year's resolution will be; I have no clue what I'm going to make for our meal; AND I have no idea what I'm going to wear.  


I had hoped to find a new outfit when I went shopping yesterday but Kohl's was crowded and messy and I didn't have the patience to browse through all the clearance and sales.  So in the end I left with a new sweatshirt/jacket and a pair of Boot Toppers (aka Leg Warmers).  It was a $70 value that I got for all of $2 thanks to clearance pricing, a 15% off coupon and $20 in Kohl's Cash.  Cha-ching!


Of course my fantastic deal finding doesn't really help my new year's prep but it did make me feel really good. :)


I'll figure out a resolutions eventually (maybe it should be to procrastinate less?).   For our meal I'll incorporate some cabbage or something like that for luck, wealth, prosperity, etc.  And I'm certain I'll find something in my closet to wear...I always do. :)


So maybe I am ready for the New Year.  Whoo-hoo!!


Any who...


Breakfast yesterday was an Apple Pear and some left over doughnuts.


I left lunch totally up to Kai so we had... Green Pancakes!  It's vacation - Pancakes for lunch is TOTALLY acceptable!


And then around dinner time I FINALLY pulled out my camera. ;)


The Hubs wanted chicken wraps so I put a frozen chicken breast on the George Foreman grill and got that to cooking.  


Then I started making up my "FILLING"


I started by sauteing:
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 package of pre-sliced/cleaned mushrooms
1 peeled & chopped sweet potato



After about 8 minutes I added:
1/2 Cube of Lime Juice (approx 1 T)
1/2 Cub pre-cooked black beans from my freezer
5 sliced sweet peppers


Then I put the lid on, turned down the heat a bit and let it sit until the sweet potatoes were cooked (approx 10-20 minutes)

Once that was done we all assembled our wraps.

On a Whole Grain tortilla I laid my "filler" from above, some spinach, some Nutritional Yeast and some left over Avocado Spinach Sauce.  Then I added a side of Chips and Salsa.


The Hubs and Kai had wraps of chicken, lettuce and cheese, and then Kai picked some of her favorite parts of my filling off my plate. lol!

And the best part?  There's enough of the "filling" left over that I'll be able to mix it with some scrambled eggs for the perfect breakfast today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment