Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I hope your holiday's been good.  Ours has been pretty great...except for the awful stomach bug that hit again.  It all started Friday night when I started to feel sick.  By midnight I was tossing cookies and feeling miserable.  Saturday I spent most of the day in bed but by that evening I was feeling OK again...

Sadly around 5:00 AM on Christmas morning the Hubs started to feel it.  So he spent Christmas in the bed/bath room feeling completely sick.  His Christmas wasn't quite as much fun as ours but he still has tomorrow with his family to look forward to. 

It's now Christmas evening and the Hubs is starting to feel a little human again.  It really is a terrible bug but extremely predictable.  Start to feel sick, about 5-6  hours later start throwing up, then spend the next 12-18 hours feeling "better, but not good".  Fortunately we had some good stuff to focus on.

On Saturday (Christmas Eve) the Hubs made cookies with Kai.  The Hubs isn't usually a baker and I have to say that listening to the two of them while they mixed, baked, rolled, cut and decorated was a highlight of the season.  At one point Kai wanted to taste the flour and the Hubs tried to explain to her why she shouldn't taste flour.  I wish I had had a recorder.  lol!

Painting Cookies

Cookies and milk for Santa...and some carrots for the reindeer.

Christmas Eve...We all got new PJs!
Christmas morning we all got up (even a sick Hubs) to see what Santa brought...

I tried to explain that the wrapped gifts were from mommy and daddy and the unwrapped ones were from Santa but she told me they were ALL from Santa.  The fact that I got no credit for all the thought and work that went into her gifts was significantly softened by the fact that after opening gifts she asked if we could call Santa to say Thanks!  I may not get credit but I'm proud that she's grateful.  :)


Even Frodo got a gift...He was our "first kid" after all.


Showing off my new measuring cups...  I also got new measuring spoons and have already cleaned out my drawer of mismatched cups/spoons. :D


One of the Hub's favorite gifts...Recordable Night Vision Goggles!  Frodo will never be able to hide in the backyard again. lol!!


Kai definitely made out like a bandit.  One of my favorite parts was that EVERY gift she opened she exclaimed "Oh, it's the exact one I wanted".  The fact that she "wanted" everything did make it a little easier.


After opening gifts the Hubs went back to bed and Kai and I decided to make up some Easy Bake Cupcakes.  We were sure to taste the frosting a couple times to make sure it was right. :)


After that Kai and I headed off to Grammy and Grandpa's to celebrate Christmas with them....


We opened even MORE gifts...

Kai made us matching aprons (with Grammy's help)
and truthfully I only included this photo to proof that I did get dressed today, lol!

 

Then we ate!

There was a Red & Green theme to the whole table!!
Eat your heart out Martha Stewart!
One of our gifts was a  Wolfgang Puck 1.5 Cup VersaCooker Personal Cooker and my mom used her to make a batch of Quinoa Pilaf which included Quinoa, green onion, parsley, lemon juice, almonds, raisins, dried apricots and chili powder.  It was awesome (and I totally brought some left overs home!).  I think this little cooker is going to become a staple in my kitchen.  It makes just enough for one (or two, if necessary). :D


While we ate we continued to play...Kai with her new Princess Castle sets, and the rest of us tried to figure out how to use my dad's new Kindle Fire.  Before it all ended we wound up getting him his own e-mail address and Amazon account (he's always shared one with my mom) just so he could download books to it without putting them on my mom's e-reader. 


After all that fun we finally returned home where I got to try out my new trampoline.  


OMG!  It's so much fun.  I've been making up names for my "jumps".  So far I have the "Mary Poppins" where I jump with my feet in first position (for all you ballerina's out there) like Mary Poppins stands when she flies around.  I also have the "Light House" where I basically jump in a circle and "Kung Fu" where I make Kung Fu like moves while jumping (we were watching Kung Fu Panda so I was drawing inspiration from Po).  


I certainly hope that your Christmas has been as much fun as mine...and I hope that you and your family are all healthy and able to celebrate fully!!


Merry Christmas!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas … except for the whole flu thing. :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete