Thursday, January 26, 2012

100 Days of School

Today was Kai's 100th day of school.  And as such, each of the kids were asked to bring in 100 snacks!


...100 cheerios, 100 raisins, 100 pretzels, 100 of anything


So last night we popped some popcorn and then I got ready to move the bowl over to the table so we could count out 10 sets of ten pieces of popcorn...



I wish I could say that I tripped, or Frodo knocked the bowl out of my hands, or really anything other than that I just simply dropped the bowl - for no reason what so ever.  There wasn't a breeze or anything. It was pure clumsiness. :(

A second batch did make it to the table so we got to counting...


100 pieces of popcorn isn't much at all!


So this morning Kai sucessfully arrived at school with 100 pieces of popcorn.  Her classroom had streamers and signs and they made hats and had fancy glasses that looked like a "100".  I'm telling you, they went all out!  I don't ever remember celebrating the 100th day of school when I was little.  Now I feel like we missed out on a good party! lol!!

Breakfast yeasterday looked the same as it has for the last couple of days... Oatmeal topped with assorted seeds, frozen fruit, and coconut whip. :)


Lunch was 1/2 cous-cous, 1/2 quinoa, broccoli, okra and kale all mixed together and topped with nutritional yeast.  (All the veggies were brought to boil with 1 Cup water then I added 1/4 C Cous-Cous and 1/4 C Quinoa and let that simmer until all the water was absorbed)


And then Dinner was Soup & Grilled Cheese.  The Hubs found a "Campbell's Soup" that he wanted to try.  Since I'm not a fan of Kai and I getting THAT much salt in our soup I made us some Potato Soup. :)

Into the Pot went:
Sauteed Onion
Chopped Potato
Cut Cauliflower
1/2 Can of White Beans
 and Veggie Broth

I let that simmer until the veggies were tender and then used my immersion blender to smooth it all out.
Then I added some chopped carrots & peppers to the mix. :)

Sauteed onion

Potatoes

Some Frozen Cauliflower

All added to the pot (along with some beans)

Plus a bit of broth. :)

Smooth & Creamy
As a side we had grilled cheese sandwiches...

The Hub's Campbell's soup with his sandwich...


I admit, it wasn't the most exciting day of eats, but they were perfect for a cold, wet winter's day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment