Wednesday, January 4, 2012

House Appraisal

I'm typing this up late today.  Well late for normal, not really late compared to the last couple weeks when I've been on "Christmas Time".  The reason I'm just now getting to it?  I've been cleaning!


We're hoping to refinance our house.  Some friends clued us into the great rates right now and so we started looking into it.  If everything goes as planned our house could be paid off when Kai starts college!!  The things I get excited about now that I'm an "Adult". lol!


Part of the refinancing process is getting the house appraised.  I can't believe how stressed I am about this. What if the guy comes back saying our house is worth nothing?  Seriously, you're basically inviting someone in to your home, that you've spent time, energy and love creating, and are asking them to judge it.  ahhhh!


So yesterday they called saying they were going to come out today.  Ummm, in less than 24 hours?  Seriously?  And yesterday I went to work in the office so I didn't even get home until 6.  At that point we heated up left over chili for dinner and then started to super clean.  I picked up the up-stairs while the Hubs tidied the basement.  And by tidied the basement I mean he cleaned out the "Junk Room" where we literally just throw stuff that we don't know what to do with.  There are bags upon bags of baby clothes, 2 chairs, parts to my desk that I don't use, a toddler mattress, etc...  It's all stuff we're not ready to get rid of but don't need right now.


Then this morning I got up and vacuumed, mopped (ok, I wet-jetted), and dusted.  I wouldn't eat off our floors but I wouldn't be embarrassed if you walked around in white socks on them. :)


At 10:00 the guy showed up.  He measured the outside, came in and toured the house, noting where there were closets, ceramic tile, etc., and then asked me what we had updated.  Then he left.  It took all of 15 minutes.  There was no judgement.  No questioning why we did this instead of that.  Nothing!


I TOTALLY over thought this event!! :)


Now that I'm de-stressed I can get back to yesterday's eats...


Breakfast was a smoothie = oatmeal, chia seeds, almond milk, spinach, Almond Butter, Carob Powder, frozen banana, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Now that will fill you up!!



Before lunch I had a little snack...


Then I had some left over chili with avocado on top...


Around 3 I enjoyed a delicious apple pear...
And then on the way home I had an orange....

I totally lucked out with my orange too.  We bought a box at the grocery store and it seem like have are seedless and half have about 20 seeds to them.  I'm not sure what that's about but since I was driving in my car I really appreciated the fact that I got a seedless. :)

When I got home I had the last of my chili....


Yeah, it look exactly the same as my lunch (even in the same type of bowl) so I didn't bother taking a new photo. :)

I have no problem eating the same meal over and over again.  If I like it I eat it.  The Hubs, on the other hand, will only eat the same thing twice - and it has to be planned that way.  Like we planned to make Chili on Monday and eat the left overs on Tuesday.

...Except for Turkey sandwiches.  He'll eat the exact same turkey sandwich everyday for lunch without complaint.  Boys!!

After Kai went to bed the snacking really began.  I had Popcorn Trail Mix (popcorn, raisins, sunflower seeds & nutritional yeast), a few fingerfuls of almond butter, a pear and then a big bowl of pumpkin puree topped with chopped dates, almond milk and cinnamon. 

Hey, a cleaning girl needs her energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment