Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fried Rice, Salad & Super Bowl Experience Plans

I'm so tired.  We just got back from visiting the Superbowl Village and the NFL Experience downtown (Indy).  I have lots of pictures to share but I'll save those for tomorrow.  First I want to share yesterday's eats with you. :)

Breakfast was a pumpkin bowl - pumpkin puree topped with chia seeds, milk, raisins oatmeal, almond milk and Apple Cinnamon Chobani.  That's right, Apple Cinnamon.  We were at Target and they had all 3 new flavors:  Apple Cinnamon, Blood Orange and Passion Fruit, 5 for $5 so I bought 5 cups...one of each new flavor, cherry and vanilla.  :)



The Hubs had some of his guy friend over for a day of video games and they ordered a Meat Lovers and a Supreme pizzas.  So I decided that Kai and I would have fried rice instead.  :)

I sauteed my onions and prepped the rest of the ingredients.

Onion + Pre-cooked Long Grain Brown Rice +
mushroom + spinach + Frozen Veggie Mix
Once the onion was cooked I added the rest of the veggies and a bit more Olive Oil and cooked that up.


Then I cleared a spot in the center and added an egg, which I scrambled.



Once the egg was cooked up I added a bit of Tamari (soy sauce).


And that was all there was to it. 



Dinner was a Taco Bar!
Store bought shells
Ground Beef seasoned with Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Chili Powder (for the Hubs)
Cheese
Chopped Tomato
Avocado
Chopped Lettuce
Pico-ish Sauce: 1 can diced tomatoes with chili + Chopped onion + lime Juice
Black Beans + Corn + Lime Juice
Sprouts
Chopped Green Onion


Kai thanked the Lord for this delicious meal... OK, not really.  She was just being goofy. :)


 This morning I woke to this in our yard...


Pretty weird right? Basically the shadow from our house prevented the snow from melting but it just struck me as really odd looking.  I don't remember ever seeing this happen before!   After seeing this I made my breakfast but was still so stunned by the weird perfectly-straight edge to the snow that I forgot to photograph it.  It was oatmeal.  You've seen my oatmeal on this site many times.  Feel free to browse through some old posts to get an idea of what my breakfast may have looked like. :D

Lunch was a Brussels Sprout & Kale Salad again...


This time with Brussels Sprouts, Kale, Mushrooms, Blood Orange, Sprouts Pomegranates and the dressing.  Even the Hubs admitted that he may not like my veggie meals but they sure do look pretty. :)

For protein Kai and I split the Cherry Chobani.


After lunch we headed out to pick up my parents and check out Downtown Indy.  Unfortunately the Hubs car started acting funny again so we took it back to Pep Boys.  Basically it runs rough when the engine's cold but once it warms up the car runs fine.  The problem is that by the time we get it to Pep Boys the engine's warm so we can't show them what's wrong.  3 hours, and 1 game of Euchre, later we were off for our Super Bowl Experience.  But I'll tell you more about that later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment