Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Little John

Wanta' see one of the cutest little babies in the world?...

Awe mom, I don't want to burp...I'm sleeping now!
 There he is!!  Only 4 days old.  He's so tiny and sweet.


Look at that, he's already getting ready to Boiler UP!
(lol, his parents are most definitely Hoosiers - I doubt he'll have any gold and black in his closet)
It's been so long since I've seen a new born I was a little surprised by how little he was.  You forget how small they start out!  AND we got there just as he finished nursing (although to be fair it sounds like he's ALWAYS nursing.  That boy has an appetite!) so he was awake and looking around, making faces, and just being all around cute. :)

When Kai and I came home from our visit we sat down to dinner and the Hubs asked Kai how John was.  Her reply?  He's pretty as a princess!  Poor guy, between Kai and his sister he'll have no chance.  They're going to have him running around in princess dresses and bows in no time.  lol!


As for what we ate for dinner.  It was nothing new....

Chili again.  We're definitely Chili lovers in this family.

I started the 2 pots (one veggie and one beefy) before leaving to visit my friend's growing family so they simmered on the stove about 2+ hours.  When I got home all I had to do was boil some macaroni for the Hub's and Kai's dishes and we were ready to eat.  YUM!!

Veggie Chili -
Onion, Carrot, Canned Tomato & Chili, Kidney Beans & Wheat Berries + Chili Powder
Topped with Nutritional Yeast, Feta Cheese and Avocado
The Hub's Meaty Chili -
Ground Beef, Canned Tomato & Chili, Tomato Sauce + Chili Powder
PLUS macaroni, shredded cheddar-jack, hot sauce and crackers
At least the adults love chili.  Kai just wanted a hard boiled egg and Mac & Cheese...


Hard Boiled Egg, a spoonful of both chilies topped with Avocado,
and some macaroni topped with shredded cheddar-jack.
The first thing Kai ate?  The avocado.   Not the Egg and Not the Mac & Cheese.  She did eat them but first she had to devour the avocado.  I love it when I put stuff on her plate that she "Doesn't Want" and then she winds up eating it all.  It makes me feel like I won. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment