Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fitness Assessment

Guess what I did yesterday... 

I joined an actual Gym!  My sister, and the Hubs, and my sister-in-law are all members of LA Fitness so yesterday I took the plunge and joined too. :)

As part of joining I got a Fitness Assessment.  I'm pretty sure it's to introduce you to the world of personal trainers but you also get some fun details about yourself.  For example, I'm 5'4", 125lbs and 22% Body Fat.  You know that the minute I got home I Googled what a good body fat percentage is. lol!  22% seemed to be right on target so I'm happy.  And how do they check your body fat?  With some crazy gizmo you submerge yourself in? (Hey, I watched the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Making the Team show and that's how they measured their body fat).  Nope, with a video game like controller that you hold for about 20 seconds.  That's it - easy, peasy, and painless.

After the assessment we started a quick work out.  One of the things I want to work on is my endurance.  I have no endurance.  At all.  I tried running with my sister a few times.  It wasn't pretty.

So anyway, he had me run (is it called running?) on the elliptical for 10 minutes to warm up.  9 minutes at a moderate pace and then the last minute as fast as I can go.  The first 9 minutes were pretty good.  The last minute was... odd.  It's hard to go fast on an elliptical - are you supposed to keep your upper body still or bounce a little?  I had no clue and then if anyone was watching me when I went to stop I'm SURE they had a good laugh.  I definitely could have been smoother. lol!

Once I was warmed up we did some stretches and then some squats with a ball between my back and the wall, and then come sit-ups where I had to sort of target his moving hand.  After that I was starting to feel a little light headed and they got a little concerned so we stopped.  Their first question was did I eat breakfast.  Of course I did!  I had oatmeal.

Their response, "Just Oatmeal?"

Just oatmeal?!?  There's a lot that goes into my oatmeal!  :(

So now I know, eat more than "Just Oatmeal" before a work out. 

But tell me, do these breakfasts over the last several days look like "Just Oatmeals"?

All start with 1/3C Rolled Oats, 1/3C Almond Milk, 1/3C water, Chia Seeds, Ground Flax Seeds and Cinnamon plus...

Kai's Strawberries & Butterscotch chips:

Raisins and Pecans...

Banana & Agave Nectar...

Frozen berries, chopped pecans, agave nectar plus whipped coconut milk on mine....

Frozen berries, coconut whip, jam and raisins...

Kai's frozen berries, jam and raisins with a side of apple sauce.

There's nothing "JUST" about my oatmeal. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment