Friday, September 7, 2012

Pumpkin Dip

Happy Friday!  Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I am.  Sunday is the start of Football!!!  (I know they REALLY started on Wednesday but the Colts don't play until Sunday).  PLUS this weekend I expect there to be some serious headway in our basement.  Yes, we're DIYing our basement remodel.  I've spent the last couple of mornings perfecting my Muddying technique.  I'm not going to lie, there have definitely been a few learning curves but I THINK I've got it figured out now. :)

Yesterday's breakfast was just left over pizza eaten over the course of the whole morning.  I do love left over pizza.  I think I like it even better than fresh pizza.  I could actually go for a little more now, but alas, I finished it off yesterday.  :(

After 3 slices of pizza I didn't really need a super sized lunch so I stuck with a salad.  I like salads.  Especially when they're topped with bell pepper, blueberries, raspberries and pecans!


When I picked Kai up from school I discovered that she ate ALL her lunch except for a few almond slices.  I was told, "I don't like nuts.  I don't want you to put nuts in my lunch EVER again".  Ok, point taken.  BUT I made a deal with her that if she did eat the almonds then we could go get yogurt.  See I wanted yogurt.  Ever since I saw that they had brought back PUMPKIN flavor!!  She struggled to finish the "Yucky" almonds, so we were off to Speedway to get frozen yogurt...

You know what's missing from the flavor board?  Pumpkin.  It's only at the downtown location until NEXT week. :(

The lady working was so nice and apologetic.  I told her not to worry about it - I'll get it eventually and it's not like I don't enjoy their other flavors.  This time I got Tart (my favorite!) with a dollop of Red Velvet (amazing!!) plus assorted fruits and some almonds (Ha! Take that Kai!!)

Kai picked Cake Batter with Red Velvet and topped it with assorted fruits and cookie crumbles... When I asked her if she wanted almond slices she gave me a dirty look.  I don't think she always gets my sense of humor.  :)

After getting home I was still in a pumpkin mood so I whipped up a Pumpkin Dip to go with dinner:
1 Can Chickpeas - drained & rinsed
1/2+ Can Pure Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pie Spice (2 parts cinnamon, 1 part nutmeg, 1 part ginger)
About 2 T Chia Seeds
1 T Coconut Oil
Drizzle of Maple Syrup

Blended until smooth....


Even the Hubs said it tasted like Pumpkin Pie.  I feel that's a TOTAL win!

After making that we headed over to my parent's house to help them take the ladder out of their pool so they could close it up for the season.  One thing let to another and we wound up enjoying dinner together at McAlister's Deli.   My mom works evenings so now that Kai's in school we don't really see them that often. 

I got the Veggie Club (YUM!!) and the Veggie Spud (Ok) combo with water to drink. 

It was a really nice evening!  Once we got home and I got settled I noticed there was a new episode of Project Runway on.  SCORE!  I love watching Project Runway...It makes me think that I COULD make my own clothes if I just took the time to measure/cut/sew.  Sure I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment