Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hot Cinnamon Apples

Brrr!  It was is COLD this morning.  Even Kai, Little Miss. Jump-Out-of-Bed-Crazy-Early, got up and came in our room and got under the covers!  Then she kicked ME out of bed because she wanted me to go make her breakfast while she stayed under the blankets.  I believe I was expected to say, "Yes your Majesty" and curtsy.

At any rate we both wanted a hot breakfast.  For me that meant some HOT oatmeal topped with chia seeds, ground flax seed, cinnamon, PB2 (peanut butter powder), carob powder (cocoa) and a drizzle of Agave Nectar.


For Kai that meant some French Toast with a dip of cottage cheese & Ricemallow.

And as a side for both of us:
Hot Cinnamon Apples

1 Apple + Sprinkle of Cinnamon + 3 minutes in the Microwave
You can add a little sweetener if you want but both Kai and I liked it with just the sweetness of the apples.

Start by slicing/coring your apple:

Put in a microwavable dish and sprinkle on some cinnamon then shake it around so the apples are evenly covered.

Nuke it until the apples are soft & hot.  Our microwave is weak so I did it at 3 minutes.  You'll probably need less time.

And that's it.  A nice side dish for a COLD morning.  And it's not even Fall yet.  I'm just a cold-weather wimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment