Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jelly Sandwich..Cooked with No Jelly

My breakfast conversation with a 4 year old...

Me:  "What do you want for breakfast"
Kai:  "A jelly sandwich, some fruit and yogurt"
Me:  "Okey-dokey" (paraphrased)
...I went into the kitchen and got out a slice of bread and set it on one of her plates.  Then Kai came in as I walked towards the fridge - ie. I hadn't even gotten jelly out yet....
Kai:  "That's not the kind I wanted."
Me:  "What do you mean, it's not the kind you wanted.  Do you not want Strawberry Jelly?"  (that's our go-to jelly)
Kai:  "No... I don't want jelly"
Me: "What???"
Kai: "I want it cooked"
Me:  "You want a cooked jelly sandwich, with no jelly?  That doesn't make sense."
Kai: "Yes it does.  Remember?  You cooked it and make slices"
Ah-Ha Moment!
Me:  "You want french toast?!"
Kai:  "Yeah, I said the wrong word"

So that was yesterday's breakfast... A Jelly Sandwich, Cooked, with No Jelly:

ie. French Toast with a side of fruit compote (Nuked Frozen Fruit + Chia Seeds), a squirt of Agave Nectar and Greek Yogurt.

1 comment: