Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Fun & a Personal "Cake"!

My sister found this and shared it with me.  It's so true and I'm so excited!!  I LOVE Pumpkin. :)


It's that feeling of fall that does it.  The temps have dropped just enough to really make it feel like fall...who cares what the calendar says?

I first noticed the cool down Saturday morning when I joined my friend and my Godson for a bit of garage saling.  I went out to the car to leave and immediately ran back in to grab a cardigan.  The whole time we were walking around the neighborhood I was taking it on and off.  I just couldn't decide it if was too hot for it or too cool without it.  Oh well, if that's my biggest problem I think we can all agree I'm doing alright. :)

My big win in our Garage Sale Adventures was a Pampered Chef Chopper for $1!!  I've always wanted one and I've already used it several times to chop onion.  Total Score! :)


On Sunday Kai and I attended our Church's Tailgate party while the Hubs worked on the basement.  There was an obstetrical coarse...

 And a Bounce House...
And your standard grilled tailgate food & pitch-in type salads.  Plus there was a DJ and the playground that's part of the church/school.  We had a BLAST!  And as much fun as we were having, I still made the executive decision to leave at 1 so we could actually watch the game with the Hubs. :)

In addition to watching the Colt's play, I got to watch a quick pick-up game between Kai and the Hubs when she stole his "lucky football".

And nothing goes better with football and this fall weather than chili!

For the Hubs it was just Ground Beef, Onion, 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes with Chili, a small can of Tomato Sauce, and a lot of Chili Powder. :)

For me it was left over soup from Saturday night... An assortment of veggies and veggie broth  (Soup / Chili - it's all good).  Plus a slice of Grammy's homemade bread (the loaf is officially gone!)

Kai had the left over soup with some macaroni stirred in (we tend to eat chili with macaroni noodles) and some cheese.

The Hubs added some oyster crackers, hot sauce and cheese to his meaty chili.

For dessert the Hubs and Kai split a pumpkin bar that Grammy had given us.  (seriously, she bakes non stop and I CANNOT get out of her house without bringing something home, lol!)  I snacked on an apple and raisins later on. :)

While the Chili was simmering Kai and I got creative in the kitchen to make her lunch for Monday.  Here's what we came up with:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Personal "Cake"
1/2 C Rolled Oats
1/4 C Almond Milk
1 T Carob Powder (or cocoa powder)
1 T PB2 Powder (or you could use natural peanut butter)
1 T Chia Seeds
1 T Unsweetened Apple Sauce
Handful of Spinach
1 Egg

Use your food processor to chop the oatmeal into a flour.

 Add your other ingredients...


And blend until everything's smooth...

Pour into a ramekin....

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until a pick comes out clean.

For an "icing" I mixed a spoonful of Cream Cheese with an equal amount of Ricemellow....



Kai cannot wait until lunch tomorrow.  She asked if she had to eat it last and I told her she could eat it first if she wanted.  Then she made me promise to tell her teacher because they make them eat the "healthy stuff before dessert".  Little does she know this dessert is "healthy". :D

No comments:

Post a Comment