Friday, May 11, 2012

Broken Blade


Yes, those are green pancakes. :)

But before we talk about those I have to share my sad story....


 The blades for my 40oz Ninja Bowl broke yesterday.  :(  I've already ordered a new blade and with shipping it was less than $20 but now I have to wait for it to arrive.  Fortunately I have the Master Prep Pro System (I think I actually paid closer to $50 for it so check out your big box stores where you can find them for less $ and use coupons).  I still have the 16oz bowl and the 48oz bowl...My blending/chopping/pureeing will not be slowed!!


Before the blade broke I made breakfast.  Green Pancakes!  We actually have a kid's cook book that calls these Lilly Pads.  I just modified the recipe to use oats instead of flour and remove the sugar (especially since I planned to top them with honey).


"Lily Pad" Pancakes
Makes 8 SMALL discs

1/4 C Rolled Oats
1 C PACKED Spinach
1 egg
1/8 t Nutmeg
1/4 C Almond Milk


Start by blending just the Oats & spinach so that they're finely chopped.
Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse to combine.




Pour your batter onto a hot griddle.  When one side is cooked flip and cook the second side.



We ate ours topped with some Apple Cinnamon Honey and a side of Unsweetened Applesauce with Ground Flax Seed & Cinnamon. :)



For lunch I simmered Quinoa in water (1:2 ratio) along with frozen broccoli and okra.  When it was about done I added about 1/8 C Nutritional Yeast.



I'm not sure why it looked so "mushy" as it was cooking but in the end it cooked up just fine. :)


Then I topped our bowls with some tomato and avocado.



And we enjoyed our lunch at a deck-top picnic with Kai's cousins before an afternoon of playing!



Dinner was going to be grilled chicken but for some reason it just never defrosted.  At 5:00 it was still hard as ice so we decided that Yats was in order! :D  We invited my dad to join us since he likes Yats as much as I do.  Unfortunately yesterday's menu didn't include my favorite (B&B) or my Dad's (Gumbo) so instead I got my second favorite dish...Succotash.  I'm not sure exactly what's in it but red beans, corn, okra and tomatoes are the main ingredients. :D  My dad got the red beans and rice with sausage and the Hubs went with his favorite Chili Cheese Étouffée w/crawfish.  Kai's favorite seems to also be the Etouffee...or the bread.



And of course we can't leave Mass Ave without stopping at YoguLatte for some Frozen Yogurt. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment