Thursday, May 3, 2012

PB&J Muffins are a Hit!

Remember how I mentioned that the Hubs tends to leave his soda cans all over the house?  

Well here's what happened last night...  In preparation to watch the Pacer game, he came up stairs with a soda (he keeps them in his "man cave").  I got Kai ready for bed then headed to the kitchen to clean up while he read her a story (actually first he tried to negotiate with her...no story tonight in exchange for two stories tomorrow.  It was a no-go).  After he came out he started walking around the house with a puzzled look.  He asked me if I knew where he put his soda but I didn't.  He walked around the house some more and then politely asked if I may have hidden it from him to prove a point.  I hadn't but I did offer to help.  I pointed out that we had been working near the garage and maybe he had left them on the cabinet.  He said no, he brought it up stairs and then laid Kai down.  Ah Ha!  I asked if he put it in the fridge.  He said no.  I opened the fridge and asked if the Mtn. Dew can sitting right there in front was the can he was looking for.  Then he gave me a dirty look!!!  Um hello, I just FOUND his soda.  I should be getting offers of watermelon, not dirty looks. :)

Not quite as funny was breakfast... Oatmeal topped with frozen peaches and coconut milk.  I know it gets boring but I really do love it. :)

And then that was followed by some "pink ice cream".  I promised Kai that if she finished her oatmeal before the alarm went off for school she could have ice cream.  Into the Ninja went 1 banana (not frozen...still bummed), frozen mixed berries, ice cubes and a splash of almond milk.

Once Kai was at school I started making PB&J Steel Cut Oats Muffins.  I've been dying to make them since I saw the recipe but for some reason this was my first attempt.


 First but not last!!  I used my new PB2 and some Grape Jelly (just grapes & juice concentrate...no added/artificial sugars) between 2 T of the batter.



The only bad thing... Kai and I are having trouble keeping our hands off them.  The hidden PB&J in the center has her so worked up.  And they're just plain delicious.  The Hubs thinks the texture is weird but that's to be expected.  I think he should just be happy they're not green with spinach...although maybe next time... :)

For dinner I grilled pizzas....


A BBQ Chicken:  defrosted pulled chicken, BBQ Sauce, bacon bits and mozzarella cheese.
The Hubs felt it could have used MORE cheese (apparently it needs to be 1/4" thick!!) but over all he liked it.

We also had a Summer Veggie Hummus Pizza:  Lime-Basil Humus, Artichoke Hearts, Sweet Pepper, Cucumber, Red Onion, Spinach, Nutritional Yeast, Tomato, Basil, and a small sprinkling of mozzarella


And for Dessert....A Banana, Apple Cinnamon Whipped Honey & Carob Powder (cocoa) Pizza

I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed it!!

And by all I'm including my parents and nieces!!  Did I mention that my sister has moved back to Indy from Michigan?  They left a great neighborhood but I'm SO GLAD they're back.  So we had the girls over while my sister and her Hubs did some unpacking.  Kai and Adelaide have so much fun together and Kai gets to play big sister to Lorelei.  I have a feeling this summer is going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment