Monday, May 21, 2012

Roasted Veggie Stew

Ok, Yesterday I told you I'd share this recipe with you.  I got inspired by my favorite dish at Yats, the B&B, and by what I happened to have in my fridge/pantry. :)


Roasted Veggie Stew
Serves 2, 1+ hours cooking time

1 Onion - sliced
1/2 T Olive Oil
1/2 C frozen corn kernels 
1/2 C Okra 
1 Can Diced Tomatoes - quickly drained
1/2 Can drain & rinsed black beans 
* all quantities can easily be adjusted to personal preference. :)

Saute the onion in olive oil until it's transparent....


 Turn the heat down and add a lid.  Let the onions sweat for a while stirring periodically, until they're nice and browned. :)

Meanwhile.... Spread the corn kernels on a pan and roast at 450 until they've browned a bit.


At the same time roast some okra the same way....

Once the corn & okra are done roasting add them along with the black beans & tomatoes to the onions.  Stir, cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes.   Salt & Pepper to taste.


I REALLY enjoyed this dish.  It tasted nothing like the B&B but it was definitely good on its own.  If you like a kick to your foods add some hot pepper at the end too.  I generally like mine a little spicy but I was trying to keep this a bit more kid friendly. :)




Enjoy on top of brown rice with a dollop of Greek Yogurt on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment