Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oops!!

So Tuesday night we sat down to watch the Pacers game, and my plan was to write up a new post while I watched.  But the ENTIRE game was close...especially the last few minutes.  I didn't even realize I didn't type anything up until just now, a full 24 hours later!!


So we're just going to double everything up today. :)


Two breakfasts...


Breakfast #1:  Oatmeal topped with cranberries, banana and coconut whip (at this point my "whip" is just coconut whip.  I've found I don't really need the sweetener or vanilla)...

Breakfast #2: And then a Gingerbread Breakfast Smoothie...

 I did have a little mishap with the ginger.  A BIG clump fell in so it was spicy!! It was delicious but the coconut whip was a real necessity this time.  It definitely added a coolant to the spicy smoothie. :)


I believe I mentioned before that I accidentally ordered 2 extra bags of Spring Mix when I got my first Green Bean Delivery so I've been enjoying salads.  And I really have been enjoying them.  I may have to slip up again!!


Salad #1:  Greens topped with Strawberries, Mulberries, Cucumber, Sunflower Seeds, Avocado and an acidic dressing... Balsamic Vinaigrette, Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard, and Honey all whisked together. :)


  
Kai had a similar salad with a side of Greek Yogurt and raisins. :)

Salad #2:  Greens topped with Black Beans, the left over Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Tomato Salsa, Avocado and Pine Nuts.

Kai didn't eat lunch with me because she had her very last field trip of the school year.  They went to the Indianapolis Museum of Art and then to 100 Acres which is the museum's park.  She was SO excited when I told her she was going to the museum today...too excited.  I quickly explained she was going to the ART museum, not he children's museum.  When I picked her up I asked how it went.  I was told that she liked the sculptures! :)


 Dinner #1: PIZZA!!  Homemade crust with veggies for Kai and I and Pepperoni with Jalapeno for the Hubs.

The veggie pizza was topped with minced garlic, tomato sauce, spinach, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, tomato and finely chopped onion.


 Plus a dessert pizza topped with honey, PB2, and marshmallow. ;)

Dinner #2: Grilled Veggies (The Hubs had steak) which was Eggplant, Onion, Potatoes and Broccolette.  All of them were just sprayed with olive oil and then grilled on low.  The Eggplant I put on top of a bed of greens with the same dressing I made before (honey, vinaigrette, dijon, & olive oil)




Plus there's been a LOT of watermelon consumption!!  I'm not sure who likes watermelon more, me or Kai.  In fact sometimes I sneak it just so I don't have to share! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment