Friday, May 4, 2012

Goin' to have to buy a book...

I think I'm going to have to break down and buy Insurgent.  I'm somewhere around #84 in the library queue for it and I REALLY don't think I can wait that long.  Right now I'm half way through The American.  It's interesting but all I really want to do is read Insurgent.  Just picture me, laying out on my swing, a berry limeade in my hand, quietly enjoying a good book.  Yep, I'm definitely going to have to buy it!

Yesterday's breakfast started with 2 muffins and 1/2 a banana.


Then Kai headed off to school and I got some work done at home.  A pretty standard morning.

AND then we got a taste of what to come this summer.  I picked Kai up from school and headed over to my sister's new place...in Indy!!  More play time for the girls!!!  There's still a lot of unpacking to do (it's been less than a week) and their internet/cable is a mess but the house & backyard are awesome.  This summer is going to be so much fun! :)


At my sister's we had cous-cous with mixed veggies.  Yum!




Then when it was time for my nieces naps (I'm so jealous, why did I let Kai out grow her naps?!?) we headed home for some more playtime & so I could get caught up on more work.  The weather's been SO NICE that I tried to spend some time outside but EVERY bug Kai sees freaks her out.  Granted, she 100% got that from me (I flinch if a BUTTERFLY comes near me, let alone a stinging bug) but she's taken it to a whole new level.  That's something we're going to work on.  I refuse to spend the entire summer indoors.


For dinner we grilled again.  


The Hubs grilled a burger while I grilled Eggplant.


A bed of Spinach topped with the Grilled Eggplant and then topped with a slice of Gouda, Cole Slaw & avocado.


For the Cole Slaw I followed my standard recipe...


1/4 of a purple cabbage - shredded
1/4 of a red onion - shredded
1/2 C of carrots - shredded
2 pks of Truvia
1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar


To shred everything I just used my food processor's shredding disc.  Easy and painless. :)
Then I just mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. 



As a side we had Grilled Sliced Sweet Potatoes (me & Kai) and Grilled Sliced white potatoes (the Hubs).



I didn't get a shot of the Hub's plate.  He sat down and started eating before I even had my camera out!!  Just picture a burger with lettuce, mustard, cheese and pickles with a side of Cole Slaw and salted white potatoes.


After dinner I had a bowl of cantaloupe.  



And then I escaped into the backyard for some me time.  It was glorious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment