Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rainy Day

I am out of frozen bananas!! I don't want to be too dramatic but this is a disaster!  I've known it was coming, when I pulled my last bag out of the deep freeze I got nervous.  Now I'm completely out.  :(

It's easy enough to make more...buy lots of extra bananas, peel them, put them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for about an hour, bag them in a freezer bag and then put them in the deep freeze to enjoy later.  I know it's easy but I haven't had to do it in months.  Now I have to put out some effort. 

As for yesterday's breakfast, I'm not sure if I was still full from eating half a pizza or if I was just distracted but I completely missed breakfast.  Not a good example!  When I realized I hadn't eaten and that I actually wasn't that hungry I had a grapefruit, and then a couple spoonfuls of Almond Butter. :)

Lunch was a summer salad... Spinach, tomatoes, carrots, sweet peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, avocado and lime-basil hummus.


And then the rains came!


It took me a bit to figure the phantom TV image out...
It's reflecting off the glass of a picture,
onto the window, so that it looks like it's floating on our porch!

It was POURING outside so we popped in the thrid Chipmunks movie (thanks to impeccable timing by Netflix) and made some popcorn.


popcorn, nutritional yeast, raisins & sunflower seeds
 Now that's how you spend a rainy afternoon!!


Of course it continued to storm all evening, so soup for dinner sounded absolutely perfect!!


For the Hubs & Kai I made a Chicken Noodle Soup:


Chopped Onion:
  
Sauteed in Olive Oil with Frozen Carrots:
  
Then I added Veggie Stock and a frozen chicken breast.  Brought it to a boil, turned it down to simmer, added a lid and let the whole thing simmer until the chicken was cooked through.

Once it was cooked I used 2 forks to pull the chicken apart then I added some store bought noodles.

All done...

I made myself a tomato soup...because it's my favorite! :)

Sauteed onion:


 A can of diced tomatoes & some Veggie Stock

Simmered for 20-30 minutes (while the Hubs chicken cooked in his soup) then pureed using the immersion blender.


 Plus some torn kale and dried basil:

And some Orzo & a few dashes of Liquid Smoke. :)



The Hubs added a grilled cheese sandwich to the side of his & Kai's soup...


I just snacked on the Gouda Cheese while he made the sandwiches. lol!  And of course I topped my soup with....nutritional yeast. 

For dessert Kai and I used the last frozen banana to make some PB2 Ice Cream... Into the Ninja went the frozen banana, some chocolate PB2, some chia seeds and a splash of almond milk.  My bowl was a little melty but still just as good....



Now I'm off on a search for more bananas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment