Sunday, March 25, 2012

I saw Hunger Games!!

I saw Hunger Games!!! :D


I have to say, it was excellent, but I knew I'd love it.  The previews looked amazing and the movie lived up to them.  I was really interested to see what the Hubs thought since he hasn't read the books at all.  He seemed to like it also.  I mean, it's no alien-vs-people kind of movie like he tends to prefer (unless it's a Teenage Ninja Turtle movie - they should be Mutants, NOT Aliens...I'm talking to you Michael Bay. lol!). But anyway, other than my explaining the background/significance of the Mockingjay the movie pretty much covers everything.  I can't wait to go see it again with the girls on Thursday!

The other day I made some Steel Cut Oats on the stove top (since Kai's getting up so early I have time to actually cook oats on the stove).  Once they were done I added some ground flax seed, chia seeds and a cup of the Chobani Apple and Cinnamon.  I cannot believe how good (and filling) it was!  Mixing the flavored yogurt with the oats was an inspired move.  I will be doing this again. :)


Over the last couple of days there was also some DELICIOUS lentil soup:
veggie stock, onion, carrots, kale, and of course, lentils.


 Plus some nutritional yeast. :)
 Friday night I ordered a pizza.  The Hubs was working late so he asked me to actually order it.  I got 1/2 Veggie and 1/2 Veggie with no Olives (I don't like olives), no cheese and extra sauce.  Then I added nutritional yeast to the cheeseless side.  Unfortunately the Hubs is the one who normally orders the pizza and I didn't realize I had to change the crust from pan to hand tossed.  It was GREASY!
And lets just say it did not sit well with me. :(


Last night before going to the movie the Hubs and I decided we wanted to eat somewhere new.  We drove around and saw Stir Crazy and decided to give them a try.


It was a little intimidating at first but so much fun.  Basically we told our waiter what meat we wanted (the Hub's picked chicken and I picked none) and then what kind of noodle or rice you want and then he brought us our veggie bowl & sauce bowl and we walked up to the buffet to fill the bowls.  There was about 14 different veggies, some garlic & gingers and then about 10 sauces to choose from.


Then we gave our bowls to the chefs and they cooked it up for us...



 My first plate was with noodles....
 My second was with rice....


The noodles were very filling and very good.  I didn't eat hardly any of the rice.  I should have just gotten the veggies minus the rice on my second go-round. :)

Now I'm off to read some more of the Scorch Trials, the sequel to the Maze Runner.  I have to say, I'm already more into this book than the previous.  I'm not sure what's different about it really, it's simply drawing me in better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment