Friday, March 30, 2012

It ain't always pretty!

When I saw this recipe for 3-Ingredient Apple Cinnamon Pancakes I had to try it. The combo of egg and apple didn't sound right but I couldn't resist the ease of the recipe.  And I'm glad I did.  These were awesome.  I'm not sure if it was the sweetness of the apple or the scent of the cinnamon but when they were cooking Kai said it smelled like syrup!  

Unfortunately it didn't start out very pretty!  My first attempt at flipping it was a complete disaster!



 But the second "pancake" held together.  Yay!!  And on the side were the 2 egg yolks I separated to get the 2 egg whites.  There was no need to throw them out when I could cook them up for a tasty treat for Frodo! :)

For a topping I heated up some frozen strawberries.  Once warmed they were nice and juicy so I added some Chia Seeds to thicken them up!




 I also pulled out some of our homemade Greek Yogurt. :)


See, it may not start out pretty but once it's topped it sure looks inviting!! :D 

Lunch was a very simple potato soup.  I started by sauteing some onion and then adding some chopped potato.

To that I added my veggie stock and some a lot dry basil.


 While it cooked we stopped for some silly photos!

Once the potatoes were soft I used the immersion blender to puree the whole thing.

Ready to eat!


 Then we topped them with more of the Greek Yogurt, Nutritional Yeast, and some Avocado...

For dessert we had a smoothie:  Frozen banana, chia seeds, flax seeds, carob powder, spinach and a lot of finely chopped pecans for a nice nutty flavor.  Boy did it hit the spot!

All that is a recap of Wednesday.  Yesterday was a mess of a day.  I was constantly running late and my phone was nearly dead so it wouldn't take any photos.  For breakfast I had a green (spinach & avocado) smoothie, for lunch I treated my dad to Yats (I got the B&B and he got the Gumbo) since he'd been driving me all over town while I waited for the Hubs car to be finished at the shop and for dinner we had Nachos.  It really is my go-to meal. :)


Now I'm making up the grocery list and Kai and I are going out alone to do the grocery shopping!  I know there are lots of people out there who grocery shop with their kids all the time (shout out to my sis who does it with 2 little girls!) but our shopping is usually a family affair...ie the Hubs and I do it together so one of us can entertain Kai while the other does the shopping.  This should be interesting!   Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment