Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

source
Do you know what tomorrow is? 

Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss's Birthday!!!  Kai's class has been all about Dr. Seuss this week.  I think I've heard more about school this week than any other.  Usually I ask Kai what she did and I get "I don't know".  Yesterday I couldn't get her to stop talking about her Green Eggs.  I guess her teacher made them all green eggs for a snack. :)  And today is Pocket Day.  All the kids brought in something in their pocket to share with the rest of class.  Can you guess what book they're reading? 

source
There's a Wocket in my Pocket of course!

Are you curious what Kai took in her pocket?  Of course you are!  How could you not be.

She took a....

Snail Shell!!  Yesterday the weather was so AWESOME that we spent a good amount of time outside.  While messing around in the garden Kai found a snail shell and was SO excited.  When I mentioned that it would fit in her pocket she went nuts for the idea.  :)

On to our meals...

For breakfast yesterday Kai had her left over Mac & Cheese from Ruby Tuesdays, plus some broccoli.



I had a Green Smoothie (I was still pretty full from my 4+ salads at Ruby Tuesdays)... Kale, 1/2 frozen banana, grated frozen ginger, frozen apple, cinnamon, ground flax seed & almond milk, with a topping of coconut whip. :)


Lunch was REALLY good.  I have a jar of sun-dried tomatoes from the auction basket I won and I decided to finally crack that baby open.  My go-to sun-dried tomato recipe is hummus.

SUNDRIED TOMATO HUMMUS
Into the Ninja went:
1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
3 T Sun-dried tomatoes
1 T Tahini
3 T Dried Basil
1/2 T Minced Garlic
1/8 Cup Olive Oil (the last of my olive oil)
drizzle of water to reach the right consistency

Blend until smooth.  Taste & adjust ingredients to get the flavor you want. :)


Once I had the hummus made up I spread it on a slice of whole grain sprouted bread and topped it with some zucchini slices, sweet pepper, nutritional yeast and pine nuts.  Then I added a bunch of carrots and celery and another glob of hummus for dipping.



Doesn't that sandwich look good?!?


Kai's plate looked the same but with a jelly sandwich instead of the hummus sandwich. :)

Both of us cleaned our plates.

Not literally.  I had to actually clean the plates.  Kai's not really on top of doing dishes yet. :)

As the day continued I kept dipping into the Hummus.  When dinner rolled around I went to meet up with some alumni at Kazablanka and ordered onion rings (delish!!) and a baked potato.  I guess eating an ENTIRE batch of hummus will fill you up. lol!

As for a cute idea for the big day tomorrow...

Cat in the Hat Fruit Snack

Is this not a perfect snack in celebration of Dr. Seuss!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment