Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kitchen Gadget, Stuffed Chicken, Shamrock Snack

Today I want to show you one of my favorite kitchen tools.  I'm sure you've seen it in previous posts but I don't know if I've actually shown it in use.

It's my Pampered Chef slicer and I use it all. the. time.  

 It's great for slicing hard boiled eggs, strawberries, bananas, or really any soft fruit.


Just open it up & put your fruit on the base...



Then close it and wa-la, you have perfect evenly sliced food!



See?  Perfect!!!



For breakfast yesterday Kai had her Cheerios topped with perfectly sliced strawberries & bananas, and raisins. :)

I had a bowl of Pumpkin topped with oatmeal, almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds and raisins....and perfectly sliced banana. :)


For lunch we had left over Teriyaki Noodles (and there's still MORE leftovers in the fridge!)


And some Kale Chips topped with nutritional yeast. :)




Dinner was completely at the Hub's Request.
Basically I modified Betty Crocker's Spinach Stuffed Chicken.


In a bowl I mixed:
3 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Shredded Gouda Cheese
1/2 thawed block of Frozen Spinach




Then I took 3 chicken breasts and sliced a pocket into them and stuffed them with the cheese & spinach mixture.



The left over stuffing got spread on top a bit more and then they went into the oven at 350° for 60 minutes until it was cooked through. 


The Hubs also picked the side...Cheesy Potatoes on the Grill (he loves his cheese)

I made an Aluminum Foil mat and put chopped potatoes, shredded cheddar, some Gouda, and chopped green onion on top.


Then I closed up the pouch and put it on the grill on med-low heat for 45-60 minutes.



The Gouda was a little burnt (next time I'll stick to just cheddar) but other than that the Hubs loved it.  Kai and I weren't fans of the burnt Gouda and turned our noses up at it. :)


Since the grill was already on I went ahead and salted some Eggplant to grill.


I seriously think that Grilled Eggplant is now my favorite.  Something about grilling it bring out a sweet smokey flavor that I can't get enough of!


MY dinner became a spinach salad topped with tomato, red pepper, avocado and the eggplant. :D


The Hubs had a piece of chicken with a massive amount of potatoes....




Kai had 1/2 a piece of chicken, some potatoes, some eggplant and some avocado.  She ate the chicken and avocado.  I honestly think she'd like the eggplant if she'd just try it!  Sometimes she can be so frustrating.  lol! :P 



The left over chicken will be the Hub's lunch or dinner today.  I offered to freeze it for later but he didn't want to have to wait to eat it again. lol!

Now, I'm sure what you really wanted to see was today's snack!

It's the Shamrock Chips with Dip!


To make the chips I just cut a spinach tortilla with a shamrock cookie cutter, sprayed them with some olive oil, and toasted them on a cookie sheet at 350° for 8 minutes.  They come out crispy like a chip.  Very easy!

I will admit though that I'm not a fan of the flavor of the spinach tortillas.  We bought the Target brand and they just seem salty to me.  Someday I'm going to make my own tortillas...but I'm taking baby steps to all-home-made.  (Tell me someone else out there is flashing on "What About Bob?"  Baby step to four o'clock. Baby step to four o'clock.)

The "Gold" dip was a mix of Fat Free Cream Cheese and Sharp Cheddar.  I don't care for it, but too much cheese doesn't always usually agree with me, so it's really just a flavor that I don't go for.


Now what I do go for is Avocado!  The "Green" dip is 1 avocado mashed with some Greek Yogurt.  So easy, so creamy, so good!


I literally could just drink the avocado dip!  But I won't.  I tried a little to make sure it's ok and then the rest will go to school with Kai.  I have a feeling the kids will be drawn to the cheese dip though.  Maybe there will be so much avocado left over that they'll send it back home and I'll be forced to eat it all!  ...Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment