Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blackberry Lime-ade

It's around 1000 degrees outside and all Kai wants to do is run around out there.  Kids!! 




Give me a nice big cool pool and I'm ok with that, but all we have is a little kiddy pool and that water warms up super quick.  Plus there are hornets/wasps, aka "Scary Bugs", that also think the pool is the place to be.  AND we're really not supposed to be using the hose because there's been a water shortage so it puts stress on the system (or at least that's what I've been told).  So then I feel guilty for refilling the pool when the water gets too warm or has been splashed out.  Oh well, all that aside, it's better to be out playing with my daughter then sitting in front of the TV or computer. :)


So it's super hot in one corner and we need a super cool drink to combat it.  Entering the ring is our Blackberry Lime-Ade.  Better tasting than the powder mixes and better for you!!



Ingredients:
1 lime peel cut off
2 Handfuls of frozen blackberries (from my mom's blackberry plant - YUM!)
2 pkts of Truvia (or your sweetener of choice)
Ice & water to get your consistency.  I used more water this time because I was ready to down this drink.


Get ready to mix!

Then you just put it in your blender and puree until smooth.

Now that hits the spot!

2 comments:

  1. sounds Yummy!! Now add rum or vodka and it's a win-win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've had the same thought more than once!

    ReplyDelete