Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Waffles

I've opened up a can of worms!  Before the egg waffles, I don't know that Kai knew we had a waffle iron.  Now she most certainly does. :)


So this morning I made Pumpkin Waffles!

Because we're still in Everything's Pumpkin season. :)

PUMPKIN WAFFLES
Makes 2
1/2 C Oatmeal
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
2 Eggs
Cinnamon
* Almond Milk

Pulse all the ingredients until just blended.  STIR in a small amount of almond milk until it's a pourable batter.

Pour some onto your waffle iron (I bought this iron at a Garage Sale when I moved into my very first apartment in college - it was $1 and I was SO EXCITED to have my very own waffle iron!)

Close the lid and cook until done - a few minutes.

Top anyway you like - jams, fruit, syrups, etc...  I ate mine plain while I waited for Kai's to cook.  Kai had hers with Agave Nectar and some chopped apple (I ate most of the apple).


I also though I'd share with you my most recent soup:

Veggies - Onion, carrots, broccoli, potato, celery and mushrooms - sauteed.

Plus Veggie Broth & Quinoa.

Simmered until done.

And topped with some nutritional yeast and ground flax seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment