Here's this weeks lunch wrap up. Click below to see the previous weeks.
MONDAY: Tuna Salad (tuna, Greek yogurt, avocado, Dijon mustard) with some WW Ritz crackers, a few pumpkin seeds, cucumber and sweet peppers.
- there were a few seeds and a couple peppers left over. :)
Since this was the day I helped out at school I also packed a lunch... Lettuce with the same tuna salad, cucumbers, sweet peppers and some carrots.
- I ate all my lunch. :)
TUESDAY: A classic... PB&J Sandwich on whole grain bread, apple crisp and some nuked broccoli.
- she ate the entire sandwich, about 2/3 of the crisp and little-to-none of the broccoli...but she finished what she didn't eat once she got home.
WEDNESDAY: maccaroni with speghetti sauce and broccoli, topped with a bit of nutritional yeast and parmesean cheese.
- She didn't eat much at school. At home she ate a bit more but I'd say we threw out about half of it. :(
THURSDAY: Pumpkin Patch (Carrots & Hummus) with a Pumpkin Waffle, raisins & a drizzle of honey.
- she ate the waffle and about half the carrots, then finished the carrots at home.
FRIDAY: Pizza Quesadilla (see below) and 2 "Cockroaches" (Dates stuffed with PB).
- she didn't bring any quesadilla home but I'm pretty sure at least some of it was thrown away after lunch. She ate one of the dates which surprised me because they're one of her favorite treats.
To make the quesadilla I basically took 2 small tortillas, some mozzarella cheese, Spaghetti sauce and some sliced sweet peppers....
and layered the toppings on one tortilla. Then with the second I cut out a pumpkin face....
and put that on top of the first. That went into the oven at 350 to cook...
until the cheese was all melted.
It didn't really fit in any of our containers so I just put it on a small paper plate...
And then topped it with a second plate, taped them together and colored her a nice picture on the top.