Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Witchy Bread Breakfast

What do you say to a Halloween Breakfast?


I saw this recipe for "Eggy Breakfast Bread" and realized I actually had most of the ingredients!

I used:
1 C Garbanzo Flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
2 T ground flax seed (I mixed the first T in with the dry and then realized I was supposed to mix it in with the wet so I added a second T to the wet)
1 t apple cider vinegar
1 C Almond Milk
2 Squirts of Dark Chocolate Better Stevia

Mix the dry, mix the wet, mix the wet and dry, pour into a pie dish and bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes...

If you don't have the above ingredients you could probably make a basic BIG baked pancake and then decorate it the same way. :)

To make it a Halloween dish...

Cut out your Halloween stencil.  Using a basic piece of paper I cut out a circle (moon) and then cut out a witchy silhouette from the center. 

Setting it on the bread I sprinkled Carob Powder over it so that I had a witch flying in front of a full moon.  :)

To eat we sliced it into 8 triangles and then drizzled some Honey on top. 

Add in a banana side and there was enough for Kai and I to eat it for breakfast yesterday AND today!

No comments:

Post a Comment