Thursday, October 11, 2012

Yogurt Parfaits

Day four of snack week is Yogurt Parfaits. :)

The Hubs vetoed using Greek Yogurt before I even thought about it, so these are made with store bought Vanilla Yogurt.  I had to agree with him on this one.  Greek Yogurt has a distinct flavor and while Kai's used to it, I can see where a lot of kids (and adults) will turn their noses up to it.


These came together really quickly.

For the fruit I used a thawed bag of frozen berry mix and stirred in some Chia Seeds to help absorb the juices (I have to sneak in a little extra nutrition too).


Then I just piped the store bought yogurt into my mini-cups.
Ziplock + Empty Cup = Easy Piping!


Once each cup had about an inch of yogurt I spooned in some berries...

And then topped them with some more Yogurt...

Since I made these last night I decided to wait to add the granola until just before school.  No one likes soggy granola!


There you have it, Yogurt Parfaits...Just like McD's makes. :)

As for yesterday's meals...

Breakfast was Oatmeal + apple butter, pumpkin, cinnamon, flax seed, chia seeds, raisins, and the absolute last of the coconut whip. :(

Lunch was going to be a white bean & tomato soup...

Sauteed Onions & Tomatoes...

Simmered with a lid on until the tomatoes were soft.

Then I added some Veggie Broth and.... I was out of white beans!  Oops!!  So chickpeas it was. :)

I brought all that back up to a simmer and then used the immersion blender to smooth it all out.

Then I added a handful of Orzo pasta and some dried basil.

For a side I made Kale Chips - Kale Leaves with Olive Oil roasted at 450 for about 8 minutes then lightly salted.

I have to say, I may not have used white beans, but that soup definitely hit the spot!  Ahhh, I just love soup!

And you know what else I love?  Moe's!  While my phone/camera charged at home, We went to Moe's for dinner and I got my usual Ruprict (veggie nachos) with rice, black beans, onions & peppers, no Queso (although now I get it on the side so the Hubs doesn't have to add it on to his burrito), Corn Salsa, Pico, Cucumber and then Salsa from the Salsa Bar.  Thanks to the kind lady in front of us and a kind cashier, we got one of our entree's for free (she had a coupon she didn't want to use) PLUS kids eat free on Wednesdays!  Our meal for 3 cost less than $8!!

And you know what's even better than Moes?  Yogulatte!!  They have a new flavor Pecan and It. Is. AMAZING!!  Ranks right up there with pumpkin.  Let's just say that dessert cost more than dinner. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment