Friday, October 5, 2012

Soups

Today I went to my first Yoga class at LA Fitness.  It was fun!  I got there a little early so I got to chat with the lady running the class which was nice.  She knew it was my first class and introduced me to people as they came in. Everyone was very friendly.

Afterward I tried to do day 2 of C25K but only got about 15 minutes in (of 25) before calling it a day.  I think it's easier when I haven't had an hour of of yoga before hand. :)

While in class the storms started!  It was REALLY pouring out.  Perfect soup weather.  But honestly when it's Fall, it's always perfect soup weather! :)

Here are a couple of the soups I've enjoyed over the last few days...


Easy Black Bean Soup.  You know it's a favorite.  I know it's a favorite.  You've seen it before and you'll see it again. :)


Broccoli & Quinoa Soup:  Sauteed onion, frozen broccoli, Veggie broth & Quinoa all cooked up...

with a bit of nutritional yeast and flax seed stirred in for bonus nutrients & flavor. :)

Kale & Onion Egg Drop Soup:  Sauteed Onion & Kale with veggie broth, brought to a simmer...

...and then egg whisked into it.

I enjoyed it (and I mean I REALLY enjoyed it) with a splash of Tamari (or Soy Sauce) and some Sweet Potato chips on the side.

So there you have it.  Some easy soup ideas for this inviting, stay-inside, Fall weather. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment