Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mac & Cheese

So for lunch I thought the girls would LOVE to make their own pizzas.  Don't you think that sounds like fun?  I certainly did.  In fact I had already decided on my toppings.  So when lunch time rolled around I enthusiastically said, "Let's make pizzas!", the girls enthusiastically replied, "No, let's have Mac & Cheese!"... I was a little bummed. :( 


Sigh.  I guess wisdom only comes with age.


So Mac & Cheese it was.  I pulled out the Kraft Mac & Cheese...ok, really it was Target's Market Pantry Mac & Cheese...What ever, it's neon orange powder from a box.  Ummm, no thank you.


But that box is important.  That box reassures the girls that they're getting the boxed mac & cheese. lol!


So I set the box on the counter, set the water to boil and got the pasta going.


Then I decided to through some shelled edamame into the boiling water too.   I know Kai likes it and I figured I'd take the chance with her BFF (who it turns out wasn't about to give it a chance)


So the pasta was made and it was time to add the powder.  The neon orange powder.  I just can't bring myself to do it.  Seriously, it's neon orange!


So into the drained pasta & edamame went 1/3 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese & 3T Milk.   ...And a small dash of neon powder in order to give it that expected 'glow' (these girl's aren't color blind and real cheese just doesn't produce that color).



Ta-da!  Mac & Cheese minus the powder. :)

And the taste results...I loved it, Kai loved it, Kai's BFF...liked the mac & cheese but wasn't going anywhere near those edamame!

2 comments:

  1. That orange powder is one of my weaknesses. I know it's not good for me, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete