Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jambalaya for the Hubs

Breakfast was back to our deliciously classic, hot oatmeal...

Topped with Chia Seeds, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin, Cinnamon Honey, and Pumpkin Seeds

I then proceeded to snack on a Grape Fruit...and a left over potato skin...and a spoonful of almond butter.

I was a hungry girl yesterday. :)

Lunch was even more left overs (We're finally out now so you should be seeing new foods soon)

Ruby Tuesday's Mac & Cheese + Broccoli
Chili with Avocado
Pumpkin + Almond Milk + Cinnamon + Pomegranate Seed Dessert

I then proceeded to snack on a Pear, some Apple Chips and more Almond Butter.

I was REALLY hungry yesterday!!

For Dinner the Hubs picked a recipe out of our Betty Crocker Cookbook....

QUICK JAMBALAYA STEW
This really was quick and easy

 1 Package precooked sausage links (I would recommend at least getting turkey but the Hubs doesn't see things my way)
1 Green Bell Pepper - Chopped
1 Onion - Chopped
1 1/2 C Veggie Broth
1 1/2 C Instant Rice (uncooked)
1 Can Tomatoes
1/4 t dried thyme
1/4 t chili powder
1/8 t cayenne pepper
Approximately 10oz Frozen Clean Shrimp


Cut the sausage into 1" pieces and cook according to package directions (I browned them in a large pot on Med heat).
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil.
Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve & Eat


Sausage

All the ingredients ready to boil

Served. :)
I've never cared for shrimp and since I'm no fan of sausage either, I decided to pass on the soup.  Instead I made myself up some more Acorn Squash...


I really think this is my favorite meal right now. :)

This time I added spinach.  I had planned to also add quinoa but I just didn't make it up (brain fart) and I guess with all the almond butter I've consumed yesterday I'm sure I've gotten plenty of protein in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment