Tuesday, September 13, 2011

All Out of Soup

I hope you didn't stop by today to see what new soup I devoured yesterday because for the first time in days I ate no soup.  Of course that was mostly due to my lack of stock and my laziness in making up a new batch or buying more...besides it's warmed up a bit so salad sounded just as good as soup...well almost just as good.  :)


BREAKFAST
I was in the mood for something sweet and the idea of an oatmeal cookie seemed perfect.  So into my oats & chia seeds went raisins, cinnamon & some agave nectar.


Mmmm, cookie in a bowl. :)
LUNCH
Like I said, I didn't have what I needed to make soup, and though I'm sure I could have managed something the watermelon was giving me a Come-Hither look that I just couldn't deny.  I started making a spinach, watermelon & feta salad and then got a little carried away with the toppings and stared adding sunflower seeds, avocado & balsamic vinaigrette.  It was a brilliant move on my part.  The salad was delicious.  

I rounded it out with my newest discovery - Italian Prune Plums.  They're a bit tart and just the right size.  Isn't it fun to try new things!?!   :)

DINNER
For dinner we were back to our old ways.  Nacho's again.  This tends to be one of our go-to meals since you can dress it how ever you like and everyone LOVES it. 

Last nights options included: Salsa, Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Mexican Cheese, Tortilla Chips, Shredded Chicken with Cumin & Onion Powder, Avocado, Tomatoes, Green Pepper, Spinach and Taco-Lentils.

This time to make up the lentils I simply put a handful in a pot with a chopped tomato, some chopped onion, cumin spice and water to cover.  Then I just let it simmer until the lentils were soft - adding water as needed.


My final plate was so inviting, I couldn't wait to dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment