Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dessert Humus

Today I went to the store and look at what was on sale for 75 cents.


Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter!

Well for only 75 cents I couldn't not just walk by.  

I picked one up with the full intention of just squirting it into my mouth! (don't judge)

But then I started thinking....Dessert Humus.

I don't know where the thought came from.  Perhaps it was my shoulder angel.  Perhaps the house elves were sending out inspirational vibes.  Maybe it was God whispering in my ear.  Wherever it came from, clearly it was a good idea.  I mean seriously, CHOCOLATE almond butter humus.  YES PLEASE!

CHOCOLATE ALMOND DESSERT HUMUS
1 can chickpeas - drained & rinsed
1 packet Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter (2 would have been even better!)
2 T Nutritional Yeast
2 T Maple Syrup
2 T Almond Milk
Chocolate Chips

Puree everything except the chocolate chips until smooth.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Try not to eat it all in one sitting.  :)

Put everything but chocolate chips in your blender

Blend until smooth

Stir in your chocolate chips.
This jar is already half empty.  :(


Breakfast today was Ultimate Fall Oatmeal.  I told you you'd be seeing it again.  :)

Lunch was a simple wrap.  Tortilla, spinach, yellow bells, avocado, carrots and a bit of yogurt to help keep it closed.

Good luck getting that thing closed!

Ok, the yogurt didn't work - at all - it just kept popping back open.

...but who cares when you have a side of dessert humus! :D

Ok, I had to hold it closed with my finger. :)

Dinner was rice topped with sauteed onion, eggplant, kale, tomato, and black beans; and a side of pumpkin puree....and then maybe a spoonful of dessert humus.  I can't stop myself.


1 comment: