So I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite pumpkin uses...
But first, How to make your own pumpkin puree...
Usually I just buy it canned, but since it would seem that I'm not the only pumpkin hoarder, sometimes I can't find the cans, and so I make my own... I use this method to cook just about all my winter squash. :)
1 small pie pumpkin
Cut your pumpkin in half.
Scoop out & save seeds.
Put in a dish, cut side down, and add 1/4" of water.
Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes.
You'll know it's done when a fork easy pierces the skin.
Remove from pan & let cool so you can handle it.
Scoop out the flesh and puree.
|Cut in half|
|Scoop out Seeds|
|Put in a dish with 1/4" water|
|Roast until a fork easily pierces the skin|
|Scoop out the flesh|
Now that you have the puree here's a few ideas for what you can do with it...
· Add it to your oatmeal, of course!
· Eat it plain or mixed with some Greek Yogurt, topped with some pumpkin seeds & cinnamon. :)
· Blend it in a smoothie with Almond milk, a frozen banana, Pumpkin Pie Spice, & a little sweetener.
· Add it to your drinks - I love hot green tea with a spoonful of pumpkin, a splash of almond milk and a shake of cinnamon stirred in!...Or stir a spoonful into your hot apple cider!
· Make yourself some Pumpkin-Yogurt Humus...
1 Can Chickpeas - drained & rinsed
1/4 C Greek Yogurt
1/4 C Pumpkin Puree
2 T Maple Syrup
1/2 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
Puree it all together.
For a Fancy presentation top with cinnamon & pumpkin seeds. :)
I've really been enjoying this humus!