Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hot Cocoa

I'm such a whimp!  The weather drops below 80 one day and I've pulled out my sweats and am justifying hot cocoa for a snack.  If it stays like this I'll need a lot more will power to keep from pulling out the fall decor!


Now, I admit, Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate is delicious but I'd much rather know exactly what was in my drink so I prefer to make my own.  I don't know what the ingredient list looks like for Swiss Miss so I can't say it's bad...but my experience tells me that a powdery drink targeted to kids rarely has any nutritional benefits.


So if you're craving some Hot Cocoa too...


HOT COCOA
1 C water
1/4 C cashews
3/4 T Unsweetened Cocoa (I used Hershey's)
2 T Agave Nectar
2 Packets Truvia
1/2 T Cinnamon


Puree the cashews and water in a blender until smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend some more.  (taste & add sweetener or more cocoa to get the flavor you like).
Pour into a glass and warm in the microwave.


This made enough for Kai and I to each have a glass...


Topped with some mini marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment