Thursday, September 29, 2011

Good Eats

Yesterday was a day of good eats!  

I started out with some hot pumpkin tea...My newest obsession.  

In the summer I drink mostly ice water or ice tea but the idea of drinking something so cold in the fall/winter makes me want to curl up under a warm blanket and hibernate...which I simply don't have time for.  

BREAKFAST

Hot Pumpkin Spice Tea
1 mug of hot tea (I brew green tea and then keep a pitcher in the fridge.  Then it's just a matter of filling my mug and heating it in the microwave for 3 minutes)
1 large spoonful of pumpkin puree
Splash of Almond Milk
Sprinkling of Pumpkin Pie Spice
Drizzle of Honey

Stir it all together & enjoy the warmth!

Adding the pumpkin!  Yum!!

Drink Me!
Obviously a mug of tea, no matter how big my mug is, isn't enough to fill me up, so after taking Kai to school I made myself a delicious smoothie.

Ginger Green Smoothie
1/4C oatmeal
1/4C water
1/2 C Almond Milk
1 t Ground Ginger
1.5 T Molasses
1 T Chia Seeds
1/2 Frozen Banana
BIG handful of spinach

Puree it all together...

And then, since I was STILL hungry, I had an apple with a spoonful of Almond Butter.

LUNCH
For lunch Kai wanted a Jelly Sandwich.  She would eat a jelly sandwich for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week, if I'd let her.  The girl LOVES her jelly sandwiches!!


So onto her bread went some Nutritional Yeast & Strawberry Jelly.  The last of our jelly.  I had a little panic attack and will probably be stopping by the grocery store in the morning to buy more!


I decided to also have a sandwich.  Onto mine went...


Nutritional Yeast
Pumpkin Humus
Raw Sunflower Seeds
Spinach
Sun-dried Tomatoes
Avocado Pieces


And to go along with our sandwiches I made up Mashed Cauliflower-Potatoes (see below) and some Baby Carrots.



My sandwich was UNBELIEVABLE!!  Between the sweetness of the tomatoes & humus and the creaminess of the avocado & humus it was perfect!!

Mashed Cauliflower-Potatoes
Into my Pampered Chef Microwavable Steam bowl went some cauliflower & potatoes.


Nuked for about 6 minutes then mashed with a splash of almond milk.


Couldn't be easier!!

We received that steam bowl for our wedding and for about  a year I had no clue what it was or how to use it!  But once I figured it out, I started using it all the time.  If you're going to a Pampered Chef party then this would be my recommendation for your next purchase. :)

DINNER
Dinner was with some High School Alumni at a little place called Kazablanca.  Once again I did not take pictures while eating. :(  I got the salad bar which included a fruit salad that I just loved. Big grapes, melons, strawberries...yum. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment