Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rise and Shine!

Are there any foods that will get you out of bed in the morning?  I really enjoy food and look forward to just about every meal.  From smoothies to soups to sandwiches to Fro-Yo, if there's something waiting for me on the table (or in my mind, because let's face it - I make my own meals, lol!)  you better believe I'll be getting my butt out of bed. 

BREAKFAST
Breakfast yesterday started with a sweet potato pie smoothie!  :D  

I know you can't hear my excitement, but man was I excited to drink this.

I actually saved some of the sweet potato from the night before for this express purpose.   I've been craving it and decided I couldn't going to put it off any longer...


Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
1/2 large cooked sweet potato
2 dates
1/2 frozen banana
1 T chia seeds
cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger
1/2-1 C of almond milk (to your consistency)

Blend all the ingredients & enjoy

I also enjoyed an two Michigan Honey Crisp apples my mom brought back for me after visiting my sister. :D

LUNCH
I don't have sandwiches very often so when I do, I go all out.  It all started with my humus.  I didn't have the greens for a salad and wanted something more than just a dip.  What to do?  What to do?  hummmm....

Sandwich topping!  Duh!!

And then I just kept pulling stuff from the fridge & counter top.

Cucumber, Tomato, Avocado, Bell Pepper, Lettuce & Nutritional Yeast.

All on an Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread.

With Greek Yogurt on the side.

Oh yeah!

For Kai I made a Jelly & Nutritional Yeast sandwich (her favorite) with a veggie side, some humus & yogurt.  Both Kai & my plates were licked clean.  We may start having sandwiches WAY more often.



Fortunately I have a big mouth...


DINNER
For dinner we headed out to use a Living Social coupon we bought for Teppanyaki Boy in Avon, IN.  I really like this place.  They have veggie rolls and edamame, and other stuff that I don't know much about because I always get veggie rolls and edamame.  :)

Of course, on the way there Kai fell sound asleep.

Very Sound Asleep.

The hubs carried her in, we ordered, we sat down - all without her stirring.

Apparently she was REALLY tired!



While Kai slept the edamame arrived.  YUM!


Then while Kai continued to sleep my rolls arrived.


Stuffing my face. :P


The Hub's food also arrived...


Just as we got a take home box for Kai's food and started packing up she awoke.

And discovered her noodles...


So much more fun than sleeping!


For "dessert" we all munched on some popcorn from the Target food court while roaming the store...and maybe we indulged in the Grape Samples...and the free cookie for kids at the cake counter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment