Monday, October 10, 2011

Southwestern Stroganoff

Lunch yesterday was just a little fun...


With the help of a ghost cookie cutter and a few raisins, I gave Kai's jelly sandwich a little character.  Actually I suppose it shouldn't be called a jelly sandwich.  This time I used nutritional yeast and Apple Butter.  :D

Under it went some left over mac & cheese and some bell peppers.

DINNER
For dinner the Hubs browsed through our Betty Crocker's Cookbook to find something that sounded good to him.  He settled on Easy Southwestern Stroganoff.  With a few tweaks I had dinner for all three of us. :)


SOUTHWESTERN STROGANOFF
Serves 1 adult & 1 kid

1/3C Lentils
1/3 C Water
2/3 C Salsa
2/3 C Pasta (I used Whole Wheat Rotini)
Pinch of Salt
Large Spoonful of Greek Yogurt

Bring your lentils to a boil and simmer until tender.*
Drain your lentils and put back into the pan.  
Add the water, salsa, pasta and salt.  
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Plate and top with Greek Yogurt if desired (the hubs doesn't like Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream so he topped his with some hot sauce).

* For the Hubs I browned 1/3 lb Ground Beef in a separate pan instead of cooking the lentils.  Then I just followed the same steps.  So I actually had 2 pans going and made up double the recipe above.


3 plates out of 2 pans.  Easy clean up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment