Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Ups

It's been a weekend of ups and downs.  Rather than focusing on the downs I'm going to share with you a lot of the ups!!  Unfortunately there hasn't been a lot of home cooking though...

There's been breakfasts...
Nutritional Yeast & Jelly Sandwiches
Bowl of Pumpkin with Almond milk, Pecans, raisins, Cinnamon & Whipped Honey


There has been soups...
Sauteed veggies, veggie broth & rice


There has been dining out...
Including Yats (one of my newest favorite places to eat!!), O'Charlies (not the easiest place for a non-meat eater to dine), and my mom's home cooking (Hello...3 Berry Salad!!)

And there has been yogurt...
Pumpkin yogurt with mango, blackberries, blue berries, strawberries, etc...


Not to mention that this weekend was Homecoming...

BOILER UP!!

Before the game we walked around campus.  Let me just say, I do not miss drunk college students. lol!!  But I do love seeing the creative Breakfast Club costumes. :)  For breakfast/brunch we ducked into Q'doba and got some Breakfast Burritos...I had a Cheese & Egg which also had potatoes and pico on it.  Next time I'd get it with out the Queso but all in all, it was delicious!

After watching the band play in the Engineering Mall and collecting some goodies for Kai, we were off to the actual game.  I think the band formations are so cool...
There's even smoke!

See on the screen - they made the Boilermaker Special (train)
Around half-time I enjoyed a hot cocoa and soft pretzel...and continued to watch Purdue dominate! :D

Final score: 21-14.  A Boilermaker Win!! :D

And after the game, where would we go but Arni's?  A Lafayette Classic.

A small sampling of my family...we bleed black & gold!
After pizza, Arni Jr. Salads, Potato Cakes and good company all I can say is...

Boiler UP!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment