Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Highlights...including Soup!

This weekend we took Kai on her very first campout!  We ate at picnic tables, roasted marshmallows at a campfire and shopped in downtown Brown County.  Plus there was a scarecrow making project for the kids that was just too cute.

Not only that, it was our first Halloween activity of the year...camper trick-or-treating. :)

My Little Snow White!
I'm very proud of Kai's costume. I made it myself. :)  

She also has a red cape but it was ditched first thing. lol!

Trick or Treating with her newest BFF, Macey.

While shopping I found quite a few things...

A new PINK whisk (so much more fun to use than a standard silver one)
A ghost shaped yard stake (Just the thing to welcome people to our porch)
A faux tree with eyes in in (Ok, I'm going to have to take a pic of this because it's hard to describe...but trust me, it's cute)
A tall garden mushroom yard decor
A new hat (I'm a hat girl!)
And I tried out a new tea...
YUM!!

Perfect for October!!
If you haven't caught on yet, I'm all about hot tea when the weather gets cold.  This one really rocks! 

Seeped in my soup cup mega cup
By Sunday we were home and ready to sit down, watch football and do nothing. :)

I decided I wanted a potato soup for dinner and rather than trying to time it out I just grabbed my crock pot and started throwing stuff in...

POTATO PLUS SOUP
1 Onion - chopped
8 Petite Potatoes - chopped
1/2 head of Cauliflower - chopped
1/2 bag of frozen broccoli
2-3 Cups of Veggie Broth
Approx 1 T each of Fennel, Savory & Thyme spices

*Optional add in - 1/4C Nutritional Yeast

Toppings:
Chopped Bell Peppers
Chopped Tomato
Chopped Avocado

Put everything into the crock pot (onion first) and let sit on high for about 5 hours.
After about 5 hours, using an immersion blender, puree some of the soup so that it's still a little chunky. :)
Stir in 1/4 C Nutritional Yeast if you'd like (I like the nutty flavor it adds)
Let sit on warm/low for another hour with the lid off so that it cools enough to be eatable. :)
Ladle into a bowl and add your favorite toppings.


Gather your ingredients...

and your spices.

pile into your crock pot


Ok, the color's not THAT appealing, but it tastes great!



Topped just right.

So did you do anything fun this weekend?  Are you into watching football?  We have the Red Zone channel now and it makes all the difference.  They basically flip around all the games showing the highlights as they're happening. :D

2 comments:

  1. the top of the dress came out upper goober cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was proud of that. I dyed it dark blue using Rite dye and then cut 3 slits in each sleeve and sewed red leaf-shapes into the slits so that they were sorta pleated red. :)

    ReplyDelete