Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Seeds

Remember the Pumpkin Puree I made a few days ago.  That tasty, tasty pumpkin.  

The puree that's gone now.  :(

OK, refocus.

When we cleaned out the pumpkin I said to save the seeds.  And then I never got around to telling you what I do with them!  My bad!



Step One:  Scoop out your seeds.  From a pie pumpkin, a spaghetti squash, a jack-o-lantern, any squash really. :)


Step Two:  Separate the seeds from the muck and clean them by running them under water.


Step Three:  Spread them out to dry overnight...or if you're as impatient as me, spread them on a non-stick mat in the oven and dry on the lowest setting your oven has for about 10-15 minutes, so they're dry but not roasted.

Step Four, AKA: the FUN STEP:  Season your seeds.


I did two flavors... A Sweet and a Spicy/Savory

SWEET
Coconut Oil
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Clean & Dry Pumpkin Seeds

SPICY
Olive Oil (I just used my spray)
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Clean & Dry Pumpkin Seeds

Or mix your favorite spice combos.  There's no right or wrong with pumpkin seeds. :D

Mix your spices & seeds and spread on a non-stick mat.

Step Five:  Roast the seeds at 300° for 30-45 minutes. 




Then just enjoy the fruits of your labor. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment